Load Ingest Data

Thread: Credentials in connection string

jobrien is offline Junior Member

Credentials in connection string

hi there,

I'm trying to setup a user for a workspace - i have unticked allow anonymous access, added the user with together with permission to access a virtual database.

Every time i try to privide the username/password for the new user from ADO.NET I get an error saying the username/password are invalid. Of course it works when configured for anonymous access.

The authentication information i am using for the new user is the same as is used for anonymous access.

any pointers?

regards,

jim.

I'm trying to setup a user for a workspace - i have unticked allow anonymous access, added the user with together with permission to access a virtual database.
    A user for a workspace means a user that the daemon would accept upon connection and then based on the workspace user list, will decide if the user is allowed access to the workspace.

The users that can be authenticated by the daemon are user of the system where the daemon runs. So, for example, if the daemon runs on a OpenVMS box, then valid users are OpenVMS users and the password is the valid login password for the OpenVMS user. Similiarly, if the daemon runs on Windows, then the user is a domain user (either the current machine or as specified in the daemon config (see the "Domain name for authentication" setting under the Security tab in the daemon configuration)

Every time i try to provide the username/password for the new user from ADO.NET I get an error saying the username/password are invalid. Of course it works when configured for anonymous access.
    As discussed above, the username/password you would use are the same as you would use to login to the machine on which the daemon runs.

HTH,

Dror
    By Dror Harari

To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us