Get Data Moving 1

Thread: CDC not getting applied

rameshpachamuthu is offline Junior Member

CDC not getting applied

Hi,

I am facing a scenario in which attunity is not applying changes to the target tables however it is capturing the incoming changes.

I am seeing a notification in "incoming changes details" chart that "applying 6 transactions", "On Disk 20000" - until target commit.

So attunity knows how many changes in given transaction but it is not applying to target.

Is it a configuration change or how can I force it to write to target for incoming changes?

thanks,
    ramesh

rameshpachamuthu is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rameshpachamuthu View Post
    Hi,

I am facing a scenario in which attunity is not applying changes to the target tables however it is capturing the incoming changes.

I am seeing a notification in "incoming changes details" chart that "applying 6 transactions", "On Disk 20000" - until target commit.

So attunity knows how many changes in given transaction but it is not applying to target.

Is it a configuration change or how can I force it to write to target for incoming changes?

thanks,
    ramesh
    Hi,

Anyone has any idea how to make the commit happen soon. I have done the testing by creating a replicate task with just one table with few records. I am observing the same behavior however the changes are committed after few seconds. In my previous case in which I have 18 tables and some of them have records in the range of million changes are captured by attunity however there are not getting committed to the target even after an hour. please let me know how to overcome this situation.

Thanks,
    rp

stevenguyen is offline Senior Member
    Hello Ram,

I assume that your target is Redshift.

1. Could you check your Redshift Cluster for any performance issue?

2. Could you check your Redshift Cluster on the Queries tab to see how long does each Queries takes?

3. For your Task in question, in the Task Setting / Change Process Tuning what are your setting?

Thanks,
    Steve Nguyen

akanksha.1787 is offline Junior Member

CDC not getting applied on the SQLDB target table

Hi Steve,

Even I am facing a similar issue where a task has been running without fail for last 20 days
    and was capturing changes. Suddenly, its not capturing any update made to Source table(Oracle).

Has this kind of tool behavior been observed earlier?
    If yes, could you let us know the possible reasons.

Regards,
    Akanksha Bassin

Quote Originally Posted by akanksha.1787 View Post
    Hi Steve,

Even I am facing a similar issue where a task has been running without fail for last 20 days
    and was capturing changes. Suddenly, its not capturing any update made to Source table(Oracle).

Has this kind of tool behavior been observed earlier?
    If yes, could you let us know the possible reasons.

Regards,
    Akanksha Bassin

1. are there any error or warning on the task log?

2. What version of Replicate are you running?

Thanks,
    Steve

akanksha.1787 is offline Junior Member

CDC not getting applied on the SQLDB target table

Quote Originally Posted by stevenguyen View Post
    1. are there any error or warning on the task log?

2. What version of Replicate are you running?

Thanks,
    Steve
    Hi Steve,

We are using the Replicate version 5.1.1.94.
    The warning we are getting is related to the primary key viz.

" 00005668:2017-02-03T04:52:49 [ASSERTION ]W: Only a part of primary key columns werefound in an UPDATE event for table 'TROUX.APOAPPLICATIONS': found '0' from '1'columns (context000008138B7BA93F010000010000989900051F8100 C40001000008138B7BA93D)(oracle_endpoint_capture.c: 1237) :"

Although both the source and the target tables have defined primary key as Componentid, We are not sure why is the tool looking for some sort of composite key.

Also, the tool captures the update(if any happens to the source) and shows it in applied changes but the target table remains unchanged.

Your response would be helpful.

P.S.( Our source DB is Oracle and Target is SQL DB)

Regards,
    Akanksha

Quote Originally Posted by akanksha.1787 View Post
    Hi Steve,

We are using the Replicate version 5.1.1.94.
    The warning we are getting is related to the primary key viz.

" 00005668:2017-02-03T04:52:49 [ASSERTION ]W: Only a part of primary key columns werefound in an UPDATE event for table 'TROUX.APOAPPLICATIONS': found '0' from '1'columns (context000008138B7BA93F010000010000989900051F8100 C40001000008138B7BA93D)(oracle_endpoint_capture.c: 1237) :"

Although both the source and the target tables have defined primary key as Componentid, We are not sure why is the tool looking for some sort of composite key.

Also, the tool captures the update(if any happens to the source) and shows it in applied changes but the target table remains unchanged.

Your response would be helpful.

P.S.( Our source DB is Oracle and Target is SQL DB)

Regards,
    Akanksha
    Hello Akanksha,

it is best that you post this to the correct section on of the Forum, this is Redshift Target CDC issue.

your question should be posted in section below :

SQL Server Topics