Data Replication 2

Thread: Increase speed - help needed

iamhasib is offline Junior Member

Increase speed - help needed

Started an Attunity task to move (one time load) 1.24 TB data from MS-SQL to Redshift. Expected completion is 220 hours, which is not good.

Here is how the job is setup ...

MS-SQL Server On-Premise
    Attunity Replicate Server and AMI both on AWS and they are being connected to SQL Server via Direct Connect.

The speed should be much better. I was then advised that to get to S3, data goes out of internet. I further checked the guide and found this performance tip

CloudBeam for Amazon Redshift -- Performance Tuning | Attunity

So can you please confirm the step -

1. I go to the console, and stop the job.
    2. Make the configuration change as per the above.
    3. And then Resume the job

It should pick from where it left off. Please confirm.

The reason I am very careful is because the job is already running for 18 hours, so I don't want to lose what's being transferred already.

stevenguyen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iamhasib View Post
    Started an Attunity task to move (one time load) 1.24 TB data from MS-SQL to Redshift. Expected completion is 220 hours, which is not good.

Here is how the job is setup ...

MS-SQL Server On-Premise
    Attunity Replicate Server and AMI both on AWS and they are being connected to SQL Server via Direct Connect.

The speed should be much better. I was then advised that to get to S3, data goes out of internet. I further checked the guide and found this performance tip

CloudBeam for Amazon Redshift -- Performance Tuning | Attunity

So can you please confirm the step -

1. I go to the console, and stop the job.
    2. Make the configuration change as per the above.
    3. And then Resume the job

It should pick from where it left off. Please confirm.

The reason I am very careful is because the job is already running for 18 hours, so I don't want to lose what's being transferred already.
    ====

Since your SQL server is on Premise and your Replicate server is on AWS, you are not taking advantage of our Data transfer through the Attuntiy Cloudbeam server to S3.

It recommended to have the Replicate server closest to your Source, in your case, the Attunity Replicate server need to be on Premise closest to your SQL server.

Therefore, when Attunity Replicate could read the data on your SQL source much faster and transfer the data to S3 much faster using our Transfer engine and utilizing the Attunity Cloudbeam Server.

----

The Performance turning that you refer to would not help since your Replicate server is on AWS.

Also, you would need to stop and reload your table if the target Database Definition got update.