Get Data Moving 1

Thread: Oracle Connection String for MSORA

blackstonem is offline Junior Member

Oracle Connection String for MSORA

Hi,

I need to connect to an Oracle database which will use TNSNames entry but the User ID and Password will be stored in the wallet. What would the connection string look like for this to happen? Below is what currently is used in development but that is my user id.

When I enter my user id and password, there are no issue in connection to the database. I have made certain that the 1.1 drivers are used, not the older which had problems with Oracle_Home registry.

Thanks for your help.

Connection String - SERVER=D90FBCO;USERNAME=blackstonem;ORACLEHOME=;OR ACLEHOME64=;WINAUTH=0

I assume you are referring to the Oracle MKSTORE wallet feature. If that is the case, maybe try to replace SERVER=D90FBCO with SERVER=/@D90FBCO (that is assuming D90FBCO is the db_alias used when creating the wallet entry).

Anyway, the way the connector works is by passing the connect string to Oracle so you should be able to consult with the Oracle documentation on how to properly use the wallet.

Something else to remember - depending on the context where the SSIS package runs, it may or may not have access to the Oracle wallet files. It is your responsibility to make sure that these are accessible in the security context where the SSIS package is running.
    By Dror Harari

To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

Thanks. That is what I was looking for. The DBAs are working on the access to the Wallet files. I really appreciate your help. Also, is there any documentation on all the potential parameters for the MSORA connection string?

Thanks again for your help.

Just one thing, the Attunity drivers are much better than anything else. We have seen about 100 times faster than anything we prototyped. But the biggest success was the reading of the metadata. It has reduced our development time for converting our packages to an Oracle source.

Great job!