Get Data Moving 1

Thread: Problem with Microsoft Connector for TeraData

jxt
    jxt is offline Junior Member

Problem with Microsoft Connector for TeraData

Hi,

I am fairly new using Microsoft connector for Teradata to move data from SQL to TD via SSIS.
    Here is a very strange problem: The connector is able to connect to the TD database, but
    I am not able to view any table/views in TeraData destination component. It always gives me an error
    : User does not have SELECT access to DBC.Tables.DatabaseName. It looks like it tries to query DBC for table/view names even if in the connector I already specified the DB name and is able to connect.
    I talked with TeraData people and she said I cannot access the DBC table/view since it contains other clients info too (it is in the Cloud). I does not have any problem with TeraData .Net provider. The reason i want to switch to Attunity is for faster TPT load. I really appreciate any suggestion as i am in a limbo state now.

Most likely your task fails in the validation phase were, according to the SSIS component design, the components must ensure before running that they have the right database, table and columns as were seen when the SSIS task was designed (this process later help you adjust your SSIS tasks when a table definition has changed). I am not aware of mechanism to skip this validation.
    By Dror Harari

To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

jxt
    jxt is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrorHarari View Post
    Most likely your task fails in the validation phase were, according to the SSIS component design, the components must ensure before running that they have the right database, table and columns as were seen when the SSIS task was designed (this process later help you adjust your SSIS tasks when a table definition has changed). I am not aware of mechanism to skip this validation.
    DrorHarari,

Thanks for the reply. But I dont think it is the validation process that generat the error. It stopped right at the design phase when it tries to get a list of tables/views to map to the source data. I dont have this issue using TeraData .Net provider. But only in ATTunity component .

Gadi.Farhat is offline Development Manager
    Hi,

This is a permission issue. As a workaround, you can always specify the view or table name manually by typing in the textbox rather than using the dropdown.

Regards,

Gadi
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us