Load Ingest Data

Thread: parent child relationship in Staging Area and adabas cdc

Costi Zaboura is offline World Wide Support Manager

parent child relationship in Staging Area and adabas cdc

Question
    I've made one Attunity CDC Unix ADABAS-ADD solution on SUN.
    Table is Vehicle (ADABAS example) which has one multiple field called "gas_maintenance".

When I execute query for ADABAS datasource, Attunity returns me in the "chapter" field the ISN.
    But when I execute same query on the matching change table in the staging area, in "chapter" field appear one sequential number, not the ISN as in the original data.

So, relation between "gas_maintenance" (chapter field) and "_parent" field in staging area (CDC solution) is a sequential number, but the same relation in original datasource (ADABAS-ADD) is the ISN.

Is that the expected behavior?

Answer
    You correctly observed what we use for the “chapter” value.

By definition the chapter value needs to be the “bookmark” of the record which allows us to reread it if needed (e.g., if the user double-clicks to open the chaptered rowset). When using the ADABAS datasource, this bookmark is the ISN field. When reading from the staging area, we are no longer dealing with ADABAS and the ISN field would be useless. What we need here is the bookmark of the change record in the staging area and not the bookmark of the original record. Hence the sequential number you observed, which is the bookmark of the change record in the staging area (DISAM files).
    Last edited by DrorHarari; 05-30-2007 at 02:19 AM.
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us