Data Replication 2

Thread: Error Failed processing column __$seqval. Index was outside the bounds of the array

ctownsley is offline Junior Member

Error Failed processing column __$seqval. Index was outside the bounds of the array

I am getting the following errors when using the CDC Source component in my SSIS package configured with either the "All" or "All with old values" CDC processing modes. This is occuring when processing INSERTs, UPDATEs or DELETEs. And this is happening on SQL Server 2012, with SP 1 (11.0.3128).

[CDC Source [2]] Error: "Failed processing column __$seqval. Reason - Index was outside the bounds of the array..".
    [CDC Source [2]] Error: "Problems when trying to get changed records from <table name>. Reason - Pipeline component has returned HRESULT error code 0xC0047038 from a method call..".

If I have a data viewer on the output from the CDC Source I can see that the __$seqval column is NULL after the component runs. When I look at the CDC records in the _CT capture table directly I am seeing what appears to be valid values for the __$seqval column.

Operation __$start_lsn __$seqval __$operation __$update_mask
    Post-Update 0x00000345000000D50003 0x00000345000000D50002 4 0x06
    Pre-Update 0x00000345000000D50003 0x00000345000000D50002 3 0x06
    Insert 0x00000345000000C30019 0x00000345000000C30018 2 0x0F

Anybody else ran into this or have a fix/workaround?

Thanks,
    Cody

ctownsley is offline Junior Member
    Update:

After doing some more testing I have found that this error only occurs under a certain set of circumstances. It only seems to occur if you change the configuration of the CDC Source from it using either the “Net”, “Net with Update Mask”, or “Net with Merge” CDC processing mode WITH the “Include reprocessing indicator column” checked to either the “All” or “All with Old Values” mode again with the include reprocessing checked. When you do this you get the error I mentioned in the post above. If you then modify the CDC Source configuration to uncheck the “Include reprocessing indicator column” and leave the mode as either of the “All” options, it works fine. And then you can edit the configuration again and re-add the “Include reprocessing indicator column” and it will continue to work. But if you edit the configuration to go back to any of the “Net” modes with reprocessing included, which also still works, and then change the configuration back to either of the “All” modes with reprocessing still included it fails again until you remove the reprocessing again. Going from any “Net” with the “Include” unchecked to any “All” with the “Include” checked also seems to work just fine.

So it definitely seems to be an issue with swapping configuration from any “Net” with including reprocessing to any “All” processing mode with including reprocessing.

Thanks,
    Cody