Load Ingest Data

Thread: CDC Designer Instance corrupted?

A8User is offline Junior Member

CDC Designer Instance corrupted?

Hi,

I've been using Attunity CDC for the past few months- and it's been working well.

However, this morning, I went to add a few more Oracle Tables to my CDC instance. The instance was in "PROCESSING" state, (IE, working) and I went to add tables via the properties link as I always do. However, in the Properties, when I selected the "tables" tab, I received the following error:

Error occurred while trying to initialize the Oracle CDC Designer Console.

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION:
    The given key was not present in the dictionary.

(Details)
    The given key was not present in the dictionary.

System.Collections.Generic.KeyNotFoundException: The given key was not present in the dictionary.
    at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowKeyNotFoundException()
    at System.Collections.Generic.Dictionary`2.get_Item(T Key key)
    at Attunity.SqlServer.XdbCdcConfig.Core.Managers.CDCM anagerImp.GetCaptureInstances(CDCInstanceInfo cdcInfo)
    at Attunity.SqlServer.XdbCdcDesigner.Views.CDCInstanc eView.SetCapturedTables()
    at Attunity.SqlServer.XdbCdcDesigner.Views.CDCInstanc eView._control_onTabSelectionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)

Other Designer instances continue to work without any problems- even an instance set to the same Oracle Source System.

Do you have any suggestions on how to fix this? As this is a DEV system, I could always delete this instance and re-create it with the same name- but that doesn't exactly inspire confidence in the case that this occurs in the PRD system.

Any thoughts?

Thank you,

Mark
    Last edited by A8User; 03-08-2013 at 01:47 PM.

Update:

The instance itself cannot be started again. Starting it leads to a status change to: "ABORTED" within 30 seconds.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Gadi.Farhat is offline Development Manager
    Hi Mark,

The problem you are describing may be related to manual changes to the change tables or the "cdc.*" tables. Please take a look at the following thread: http://www.attunity.com/forums/chang...rted-2250.html

Also, make sure you are working with version 1.1 (SP1) of the Change Data Capture for Oracle.

Regards,

Gadi
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

Hi Gadi,

Thanks for your reply. It is very possible that changes to the Oracle Tables caused the error. I recreated the instance and it works fine, just as the thread indicates.

However, this leads me to examine this process in a production environment. First, obviously tables shouldn't be changed in a PRD environment very often- but if they are changed, and the CDC instance goes down, re-creating the capture instance is going to lead to, at the minimum, a period of time (during the recreation) where the data changes aren't being captured- which seems like it would require a full DWH reload.

So, is there any method to save the CDC instance from "corrupting" if changes are made in Oracle? IE, if we "Stop" the instance, or any other steps that will allow us to incorporate these changes without having to re-create the entire instance, and lose our accurate timestamps for changes?

Thanks for your assistance.

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by Gadi.Farhat View Post
    Hi Mark,

The problem you are describing may be related to manual changes to the change tables or the "cdc.*" tables. Please take a look at the following thread: http://www.attunity.com/forums/chang...rted-2250.html

Also, make sure you are working with version 1.1 (SP1) of the Change Data Capture for Oracle.

Regards,

Gadi

Gadi.Farhat is offline Development Manager
    Hi Mark,

The problem occurs when manual changes are done to the SQL Server CDC database (target). There should not be problems when doing changes on the source Oracle database.

Regards,

Gadi
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

Sql arm is offline Junior Member

Cdc aborted

Hi Gadi

I have a problem with CDC service after few minutes change status to ABORTED.

I have recreated the CDC instance few times and tryeid to collect trafe files no luck still get the some error.

Please advice.

Name:  CDC_ABORTED.JPG
Views: 502
Size:  52.6 KB
    Last edited by Sql arm; 09-09-2013 at 02:23 PM.

Sql arm - this question is not related to this thread - please open a different thread, Also posting the UI picture does not provide any info, you need to collect logs (see documentation).
    By Dror Harari

Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us