Data Replication 2

Thread: CDC using all ram on Oracle server

tphillip33 is offline Junior Member

CDC using all ram on Oracle server

Yesterday I setup a simple test of CDC for Oracle on our development SQL 2012 11.0.2325 and Oracle 11.1.0.7.0 environment. Created a new table with 3 rows and configured CDC for Oracle. I tested insert/update/deletes and finished my testing yesterday.

Today, my Oracle admins tell me the server is out of RAM and one of my processes is using 79% of RAM. When I stopped the CDC service, the RAM usage went back to normal.

How do I fix this issue?

Hein is offline Senior Member

restart job at regular intervals?

Quote Originally Posted by tphillip33 View Post
    Yesterday I setup a simple test of CDC for Oracle on our development SQL 2012 11.0.2325 and Oracle 11.1.0.7.0 environment. Created a new table with 3 rows and configured CDC for Oracle. I tested insert/update/deletes and finished my testing yesterday.

Today, my Oracle admins tell me the server is out of RAM and one of my processes is using 79% of RAM. When I stopped the CDC service, the RAM usage went back to normal.

How do I fix this issue?
    May we assume that you create an (SSIS) package with a loop container and perhaps a bit of script to do sleep of a few seconds?
    May be assume the package is run as a job?

How tight is the loop? (number of seconds to sleep?) can you lengthen it some?

You may want to add a counter to the loop and exit the package every 200 .. 1000 times.
    The Job-controller and re-launch a short time later for a next bunch of loops.

I like you you provided the details about the source an target. Thank you.
    But what is happening in the middle? Attunity version? Any patched installed?
    Rough package outline?
    Providing more details may enable us to try help better.
    Hope this helps some,
    Hein

Quote Originally Posted by Hein View Post
    May we assume that you create an (SSIS) package with a loop container and perhaps a bit of script to do sleep of a few seconds?
    May be assume the package is run as a job?

How tight is the loop? (number of seconds to sleep?) can you lengthen it some?

You may want to add a counter to the loop and exit the package every 200 .. 1000 times.
    The Job-controller and re-launch a short time later for a next bunch of loops.

I like you you provided the details about the source an target. Thank you.
    But what is happening in the middle? Attunity version? Any patched installed?
    Rough package outline?
    Providing more details may enable us to try help better.
    Hope this helps some,
    Hein
    I am not using SSIS at all. This is only the CDC for Oracle service. It is using all RAM on my Oracle server.

The Attunity version reports 1.0.0.0. Are there patches to this product?
    Last edited by tphillip33; 09-04-2012 at 09:47 AM.

Gadi.Farhat is offline Development Manager
    Hi,

This may be related to an Oracle Database version 11.1.0.6 and 11.1.0.7 bug referenced as bug 6707725. This is bug was fixed in Oracle version 11.2.0.1.

You should either upgrade the database to 11.2 where the bug is fixed or, apply an Oracle patch on top of the version you have if available.

Regards,

Gadi
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

Quote Originally Posted by Gadi.Farhat View Post
    Hi,

This may be related to an Oracle Database version 11.1.0.6 and 11.1.0.7 bug referenced as bug 6707725. This is bug was fixed in Oracle version 11.2.0.1.

You should either upgrade the database to 11.2 where the bug is fixed or, apply an Oracle patch on top of the version you have if available.

Regards,

Gadi
    I will check that out. I searched and searched and didn't find that. Error message when you use the Microsoft Change Data Capture Service for Oracle by Attunity: "ORA-00600: internal error code"

Thanks for the reply.