Data Replication 2

Thread: Library Error not able to add oracle as endpoint

ankushchawla03 is offline Junior Member

Library Error not able to add oracle as endpoint

Now while creating the endpoint as Oracle .. and specifying the details it gives me below library error

• Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'Oracle', type 'Oracle'. Failed to load.
    • Cannot load <libclntsh.so.12.1, libclntsh.so.11.1, libclntsh.so.10.1, >: Success Failed to load. Cannot load <libclntsh.so.10.1>: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Failed to load. Cannot load <libclntsh.so.11.1>: libclntsh.so.11.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Failed to load. Cannot load <libclntsh.so.12.1>: libclntsh.so.12.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Failed to load.

I have added Oracle home library into LD_LIBRARY_PATH in attunity and i can use attunity user can access the library file libclntsh.so.12.1. still it gives error

On unix i am logging and use "attrep" user . However i am logging in console with user admin.
    Can u tell me if it due to this?
    i would be creating new thread if it will not work by this reply.

stevenguyen is offline Senior Member
    Created By: Dana Baldwin (2/28/2018 12:48 PM)
    Hi Prachi,

Please follow these configuration steps, it should resolve the issue. From Ch. 8 of the User Guide, "Using Oracle as a Source":

On Linux systems, install Oracle Instant Client for Linux (x86-64) Version 11.2.0.3.0 and above.

Note Support for the XMLTYPE data type requires the full Oracle Client.

In addition, if not already included in your system, you need to create a symbolic link in the $Oracle_Home\lib directory. This link should be called libclntsh.so, and should point to a specific version of this file.

For example, on an Oracle 12c client:
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle oracle 63 Oct 2 14:16 libclntsh.so ->
    /u01/app/oracle/home/lib/libclntsh.so.12.1

Additionally, append the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to the Oracle lib directory as follows:
    1. Create the site_arep_login.sh file:
    touch site_arep_login.sh
    2. Copy the driver location to the site_arep_login.sh file:
    echo "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_
    PATH:/u01/app/oracle/home/lib/ > site_arep_login.sh

Please let me know if this has already been done, and/or if you continue to have this issue afterward.

Please follow these configuration steps, it should resolve the issue. From the User Guide, "Using Oracle as a Source":

On Linux systems, install Oracle Instant Client for Linux (x86-64) Version 11.2.0.3.0 and above.

Note Support for the XMLTYPE data type requires the full Oracle Client.

In addition, if not already included in your system, you need to create a symbolic link in the $Oracle_Home\lib directory. This link should be called libclntsh.so, and should point to a specific version of this file.

For example, on an Oracle 12c client:
    lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle oracle 63 Oct 2 14:16 libclntsh.so ->
    /u01/app/oracle/home/lib/libclntsh.so.12.1

Additionally, append the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable to the Oracle lib directory as follows:
    1. Create the site_arep_login.sh file:
    touch site_arep_login.sh
    2. Copy the driver location to the site_arep_login.sh file:
    echo "export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_
    PATH:/u01/app/oracle/home/lib/ > site_arep_login.sh

Please let me know if this has already been done, and/or if you continue to have this issue afterward.

====
    The Attunity Replicate/lib folder must precede the /usr/lib64 folder in the LD_
    LIBRARY_PATH environment variable.
    The environment variable is set in the <product_dir>/bin/arep_login.sh file.
    Example:
    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/attunity/replicate/lib:/usr/lib64

ankushchawla03 is offline Junior Member

oracle 12c DB enterprise edition is already installed

[QUOTE=stevenguyen;6536]
    thanks for your reply

However Oracle 12c is already installed in the same machine, why oracle Client is need and I have set LD_LIBRARY_PATH at Oracle 12c as well. please check below and let me know if any issue

$echo $LD_LIBRARY_PATH
    /opt/attunity/replicate/lib:/usr/lib64:/u01/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_1/lib

$ id
    uid=54321(oracle) gid=54321(oinstall) groups=54321(oinstall),10(wheel),54322(dba) context=unconfined_u:unconfined_r:unconfined_t:s0-s0:c0.c1023

$ ls -ltr /u01/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_1/lib/libclntsh.so.12.1
    -rwxr-xr-x. 1 oracle oinstall 71613512 Jun 29 11:58 /u01/app/oracle/product/12.2.0/dbhome_1/lib/libclntsh.so.12.1