Load Ingest Data
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oracle CDC Service going to - ABORTED

dave00 is offline Junior Member

Oracle CDC Service going to - ABORTED

Hi,

I am using Oracle CDC for SSIS and I have ran into a problem where the serice keeps going to ABORTED. I have another capture instance on the same database which is working fine. I am struggling to find any useful error output to debug this. I have added trace/SOURCE into the advanced options but it gives me no indication of why it aborted.

Source: Oracle 11.2.0.2
    Destination: SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition

Can anyone give me any pointers?

Much appreciated.

David

Update

I have set TRACE to ON and got the following:

"08/04/2014 15:32:15","ERROR","HOSTNAME","RUNNING","PROCESSING ","ORACDC423E:ODBC error: RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlStat: 23000 NativeError: 2627 Message: [Microsoft][SQL Server Native Client 11.0][SQL Server]Violation of PRIMARY KEY constraint 'lsn_time_mapping_clustered_idx'. Cannot insert duplicate key in object 'cdc.l...","infrastructure","insert into cdc.lsn_time_mapping ([start_lsn],[tran_begin_time],[tran_end_time],[tran_id],[tran_begin_lsn]) values (?,?,?,?,?)",""

Which is defined as:

/****** Object: Index [lsn_time_mapping_clustered_idx] Script Date: 08/04/2014 16:46:58 ******/
    ALTERTABLE[cdc].[lsn_time_mapping]ADDCONSTRAINT[lsn_time_mapping_clustered_idx]PRIMARYKEYCLUSTERED
    (
    [start_lsn]ASC
    )WITH (PAD_INDEX=OFF,STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE=OFF,SORT_IN_TEMPDB=OFF,IGNORE_DUP_KEY=OFF,ONLINE=OFF,ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS=ON,ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS=ON)ON[PRIMARY]
    GO

Does this shed any light on the problem?

Thanks,

David

Update

I am going to apply CU9 which includes the update below and I will post back.

FIX: Oracle CDC Service shows aborted status when you use CDC for Oracle by Attunity in SQL Server 2012
    FIX: Oracle CDC Service shows aborted status when you use CDC for Oracle by Attunity in SQL Server 2012

Update

Hi,

I have updated to CU9

I have deleted the CDC service

I have rebooted my VM

I have recreated the CDC Service

I still get ABORTED.

I've attached the log.

I'm logging a call with Attunity regarding this.

Can anyone shed any light on this? I am using this as the basis for a solution I am proposing in work. If I can't prove that this is a reliable mechanism for CDC (which I believed it could be but I'm losing faith) then my employer is going to hit me with a big stick and tell me to go back to the drawingboard! I've tried everything I can think of.

Thanks in advance.

David

vgg659 is offline Junior Member

Aborting, too.

I am having the same problem that you are describing.

Source: Oracle 11.2.0.3 RAC using ODAC 11.2.0.3.20

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio 11.0.3412.0
    Microsoft Analysis Services Client Tools 11.0.3412.0
    Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) 6.3.9600.16384
    Microsoft MSXML 3.0 4.0 6.0
    Microsoft Internet Explorer 9.11.9600.16521
    Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0.30319.34011
    Operating System 6.3.9600

My CDC instance stays up alternating between idle and processing, until I update a record on the source side.

The following is in the CDC trace table:
    timestamp type node status sub_status status_message source text_data binary_data
    2014-04-11 13:16:45.8160100 INFO SYSO-SVR-SQLAS RUNNING INIT ORACDC300I:The Oracle CDC instance for service OracleCDCService1 and database CONV_BANSECR started. service NULL NULL
    2014-04-11 14:29:09.0210100 INFO SYSO-SVR-SQLAS RUNNING INIT ORACDC300I:The Oracle CDC instance for service OracleCDCService1 and database CONV_BANSECR started. service NULL NULL
    2014-04-11 14:29:24.6670100 INFO SYSO-SVR-SQLAS RUNNING INIT ORACDC300I:The Oracle CDC instance for service OracleCDCService1 and database CONV_BANSECR started. service NULL NULL
    2014-04-11 14:29:40.6870100 INFO SYSO-SVR-SQLAS RUNNING INIT ORACDC300I:The Oracle CDC instance for service OracleCDCService1 and database CONV_BANSECR started. service NULL NULL
    2014-04-11 14:29:56.7080100 INFO SYSO-SVR-SQLAS RUNNING INIT ORACDC300I:The Oracle CDC instance for service OracleCDCService1 and database CONV_BANSECR started. service NULL NULL
    2014-04-11 14:30:12.7490100 INFO SYSO-SVR-SQLAS RUNNING INIT ORACDC300I:The Oracle CDC instance for service OracleCDCService1 and database CONV_BANSECR started. service NULL NULL
    2014-04-11 14:30:28.7310100 INFO SYSO-SVR-SQLAS RUNNING INIT ORACDC300I:The Oracle CDC instance for service OracleCDCService1 and database CONV_BANSECR started. service NULL NULL

CU9 look buggy

I find it strange that we both recently installed CU9, and now have the same problem.

I have changed my Oracle ODAC drivers from 11.2.0.3.20 to 12.1.0.1.2, and my service still aborts.

So far, it appears to abort when changing VPD tables. Anyone else having problems on VPD tables?

Not VPD

It's not related to Oracle VPD tables, as I have failing CDC replication on non-VPD tables.

I will update this thread as I find out more details.

Turns out you need 'Attunity Oracle CDC for SSIS' CU8 which is different to the CU stream for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 as this is a 3rd party add-in. Since this is packaged with SQL Server you need to contact Microsoft Support, not Attunity.

This might not solve your problem but it fixed mine. The bug was to do with Oracle tables which had a VARCHAR2 column defined as CHAR instead of BYTE. CU8 fixed this issue.

So Many Questions, So Little Time

Dave00, you stated earlier in this thread that you upgrades to CU9, which should have included the patch in CU8. Did you downgrade to CU8, or am I confused about something.

I am already at CU9 (SQL Server 11.0.3412), so I think I have the patch installed that you are referring to.

It seems that my character data is getting translated into garbled data (maybe a codepage / collate / NLS problem). These corrupt fields are in both the before update (__$operation = 3) and the post update (__$operation = 4) records.

Some of the corrupted fields are as follows:
    Oracle table value ; SQL Server CDC table value
    Undergraduate certificate or diploma program ; 啮摥牧牡摵慴攠捥牴楦楣慴攠潲⁤楰汯浡⁰牯杲慭
    BASELINE ; 䉁卅䱉久

Can anyone shed some light on how to address this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by vgg659 View Post
    Dave00, you stated earlier in this thread that you upgrades to CU9, which should have included the patch in CU8. Did you downgrade to CU8, or am I confused about something.

I am already at CU9 (SQL Server 11.0.3412), so I think I have the patch installed that you are referring to.

It seems that my character data is getting translated into garbled data (maybe a codepage / collate / NLS problem). These corrupt fields are in both the before update (__$operation = 3) and the post update (__$operation = 4) records.

Some of the corrupted fields are as follows:
    Oracle table value ; SQL Server CDC table value
    Undergraduate certificate or diploma program ; 啮摥牧牡摵慴攠捥牴楦楣慴攠潲⁤楰汯浡⁰牯杲慭
    BASELINE ; 䉁卅䱉久

Can anyone shed some light on how to address this problem?

Hi vgg,

Yes it sounds confusing. I applied Microsoft SQL Server 2012 CU9 before I initiated a support call. This is the response I got from Microsoft support when I contacted them:

"Hi David,

SQL Server CU9 is different from Attunity CU8.
    When you will implement the steps provided by Attunity, it will apply upgrade Attunity dllís to CU8. As your attunity is on the same box which host the SQL Server so the steps need to be performed on the same box but will eventually upgrade the Attunity components.

If you face any issues while performing the steps, please shoot me an email.

Thank you,"

It sounds a completely different issue you are facing though. My CDC Instance kept going to aborted when I updated a table with a VARCHAR2 defined as CHAR instead of BYTE. Attunity CU8 fixed this.

Hope you get your problem sorted soon. Unfortunately I'm not experienced enough with the product yet to provide any insight.

David

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast