Data Replication 2

Thread: PII data and CDC

RGILLESPI is offline Junior Member

PII data and CDC

Hello,

This is a critical question as we need to ensure that PII data that is set to nulls during full load (defined in the task table filter) also needs to be null in the CDC tables.

If we modify the data in a column using a filter, will that filter also be applied to the CDC process?
    If we drop a column or change a column datatype, will those actions be applied to the CDC process?

in short if/when we create filters/transformation etc. are those all applied to CDC?

I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Bob

Hein is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RGILLESPI View Post
    Hello,

This is a critical question as we need to ensure that PII data that is set to nulls during full load (defined in the task table filter) also needs to be null in the CDC tables.

If we modify the data in a column using a filter, will that filter also be applied to the CDC process?
    If we drop a column or change a column datatype, will those actions be applied to the CDC process?

in short if/when we create filters/transformation etc. are those all applied to CDC?

I thank you in advance for your assistance.

Bob
    Hello Bob, fancy meeting you here. :-)

I believe this question is being answered through formal channels.

The design of Replicate is to apply the exact same transformations for full-load and CDC with minor exceptions.

Regards,
    Hein.

RGILLESPI is offline Junior Member
    Hi Hein,

How are you? You ever coming back to visit us in Dearborn??

Thanks for your response!

"The design of Replicate is to apply the exact same transformations for full-load and CDC with minor exceptions."

is exactly what i needed to confirm what we expected. This should satisfy XXXX Management and the XXXX plant IT Managers.

Can you elaborate on the 'minor exceptions'? is this something we need to worry about, as this applies to our PII or SPII data ?

thank you
    Bob
    Last edited by Yossi Shitrit; 01-20-2017 at 04:41 PM.