Thread: Stuck in LOGGER status

jroydpi is offline Junior Member

Stuck in LOGGER status

I am trying to setup CDC on one Oracle table as a test. I can setup an instance in Change Data Capture Designer for Oracle by Attunity. When I setup the instance it goes from green to yellow state quickly and has a status of "Trying to retrieve next change record from source database. Then it never finds any changes I have added to the Oracle table which is a simple 3 column table. I have the latest version of the Attunity service and designer tools installed that came with SQL Server 2012 SP1 CU8. I also have the latest patch to SQL Server 2012 SP1 CU9 installed to the SQL Server. The only complication with my setup is the Oracle database is an Amazon RDS Oracle instance. I have had the Oracle DBA give my account for CDC DBA rights in addition to all the regular rights and do all things to setup we could find to setup CDC in other directions. All post I found here to check Oracle rights and log files seems to be working and the log files are set to keep log data for 48 hours in Oracle. I have trying resetting the instance in the CDC designer a number of times as well.

My error log file and results of the CDC_xdbccd tabe with tracing on are attached. Desktop.zip

Gadi.Farhat is offline Development Manager
    Hi,

You need to make sure that archive redo logs are available for enough time before they are deleted, in order to allow to the CDC Service to read them.

The logs you attached, show that the redo logs are deleted and not kept for 48 hours as you stated below. For example, the redo log with sequence 18029 was created at 2014-03-27 13:07:39 and, at 2014-03-27 18:24:34 it was no lonnger available.

Regards,

Gadi
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us