Get Data Moving 1

Thread: Trying to start CDC Instance results in "DISCONNECTED"

frandsb is offline Junior Member

Trying to start CDC Instance results in "DISCONNECTED"

Hello-

I have created a new Oracle CDC Instance. Going thru the wizard, I am able to connect to the source, choose the tables I want, the dba has executed the oracle logging script, etc... However, when I attempt to start the instance:
    • It's status goes to Yellow pause icon
    • Detailed Status reads "DISCONNECTED"
    • Status message is "Trying to reconnect to source database."

I see no problems in the windows event viewer.
    Attempting to "Collect diagnostics" results in message: "Waiting for Oracle diagnostics. No response received from Oracle CDC instance. Continue waiting or skip the Oracle diagnostics and continue without it?"

I am uncertain how to troubleshoot this further.

I have successfully configured CDC against a near-identical system without any issues, but something is different this time (I suspect on the source side) and I am uncertain what it is. (And I must work through a dba on that system, I have no rights directly *sigh*).

Thanks in advance!
    Brent

frandsb is offline Junior Member

The Answer was...

I just realized I left this question hanging out here...

The reason this had occured was that unbeknownst to me, the SQLNET.ora file on this machine had been modified, and the EZCONNECT option was removed(!) :(

The Test Connect still worked fine in the instance properties, but starting the instance failed, as I had specified the host / port / service name in EZCONNECT format.

Nowhere was this logged (that I could find). Pretty basic, but I haven't dealt much at all with Oracle, so learnings for me.

Cheers!
    Brent