Get Data Moving 1

Thread: Configuring ini file for ODBC connection

samg is offline Junior Member

Configuring ini file for ODBC connection

Hi,
    I am using a powerbuilder application to connect to attunity via an ODBC connection. This used to work fine before we upgraded to version 4.8 of attunity. The powerbuilder configuration settings for the attunity data source in the previous attunity version (3.2) were as follows:

[PMI]
    dbms=odbc
    database="PMI"
    logid=""
    logpass=""
    servername="NAVIGATOR"
    Userid="dba"
    dbpass="KAPOTA69"
    dbparm="ConnectString = 'DSN=pmi'"

I have managed to get the ODBC connection working as I have been able to retrieve data using both SQL Server DTS and Microsoft Access. However when trying to use these ini file settings and ODBC connection from the powerbuilder application we receive the following error:

A database error has occurred.
    Database error code: -2202
    Database error message:
    Select error:SQLSTATE = S0002
    [Attunity][Attunity Connect Driver]
    [A00c]Failed to load stored procedure CSS:patient()

Do I need to change the powerbuilder application configuration settings? If so what would I need to include in the configuration file?

All help is greatly appreciated.:confused:

ussupport1 is offline US Support

odbc.ini file entry

Sir:
    I order to use our ODBC driver in what we call a "thin" mode you would enter the ODBC data source using the Attunity parameters. Here is an example of a remote thin mode connection:

[disam]
    DRIVER=Attunity Connect Driver
    DefTdpName=disam
    misc/language=enus
    BindUrl=attconnect://localhost:2551/NAVIGATOR
    debug/logFile=ODBC_MYDSN_%p.log
    Description=disamdb
    OneTdpMode=1
    queryProcessor/noThreads=true
    SERVER=SERVER

Please refer to our documentation on our Thin ODBC offering at www.attunity.com for more details.

Thanks,
    Attunity Support
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

You have not indicated from which version you have upgraded to v4.8 - from the error message (-2202, failure to load table metadata) I do not think the problem is at all related to ODBC.

You should first try to run the same query (or call the stored procedure) interactively using the NAV_UTIL EXECUTE <datasource> and make sure the procedure works there.

Lacking further knowledge on your environment, I would recommend also looking at the server log file under %NAVROOT%\tmp -- much more information is most likely to be found there.

Lastly, if running the stored procedure fails, and if it is an Attunity stored procedure, then you should also try to recreate the stored procedure.

Dror
    By Dror Harari

Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

Optimdev is offline Junior Member

ODBC Thin Client

I have Attunity server 4.8 installed on windows 2003 machine.I have create a ddatasource on that windows machine to access the Optim archived data .I have also configured a ODBC on that same machine.
    Now i want to access the data using Attunity from a client machine. I installed Aattunity ODBC thin client on the Windows XP machine. Now I am trying to configure a DSN(ODBC) to point to the Attunity server.But the problem is tht i donot have the attunity drivers installed even after installing ODBC thin client.Can somebody help?

Gadi.Farhat is offline Development Manager
    Hi,

Is the windows client machine x64 or x86 machine? If it is an x64 machine then:
    1. Make sure you install the x64 thin client kit.
    2. Are you running the 64-bit or the 32-bit ODBC Administrator?

Regards,

Gadi
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us