Get Data Moving 1

Thread: J0083 Error in Connecting to Server

lsabster is offline Junior Member

J0083 Error in Connecting to Server

I have not opened Studio in a while. When I right click on the NAV icon,
    I get the following error:

com.attunity.connect.common.infrastructure.workspa ce.WorkspaceException
    Connection Error.. Reason is [J0083] Error in Connecting to Server: servename.

When executing nav_util, we get

[C068] fail to login daemon
    [C043]

I restarted the daemon, I checked the license. We don't know what else to look for. Can you give us advise?

Isabster,

You write:
    When executing nav_util, we get

[C068&] fail to login daemon
    [C043&]
    That could not be the entire data. The C043 simply says failed to connect to server which makes sense if you cannot connect to the daemon.

Please see the contents of the daemon log as well as the local nav.log and see if there are hints for you there.

Also, the command:
    nav_util check server(host:port,workspace,username,password)
    goes through all steps of connection and prints how it work along the way (on Unix the parenthesis must be prefixed with a backslash).

I assume that either the daemon was started on a different port than it should have been started on or the daemon was started on the wrong IP address.
    Last edited by DrorHarari; 02-05-2007 at 10:34 PM.
    By Dror Harari

To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

lsabster is offline Junior Member

extended tracing

Hello,

Are there any extended tracing that we can turn on for the irpcd, and nav.log. The user is experiencing J0083: Can't connect to a server when he tries to add a machine in Studio?

Thank you.

The default logging level of IRPCD is 'Operations' which should be enough to show you if there was anything registered in the daemon log.

So, check what the daemon log says - see if a new server was started and if so, what log file it used. That log file is the log file of the server that the Studio requested so if there was a connection error on the server side, you will see an error in the server log.

In general, for troubleshooting Studio errors, the best trace flag is the acxTrace both in the binding environment definition as well as in the daemon definition.
    By Dror Harari

To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us