Thread: Account Lockout Every day (multiple times)

rojastpa is offline Junior Member

Account Lockout Every day (multiple times)

Hello RepliWeb R-1 gurus. Let me give you a back story and see if you can help me out.

I have an alias account to log in to servers. Let's call it account ABC. I created some download and distribution templates using ABC account. It's an administrator on all servers, however it's personal to me. Once I tested the templates using my alias account (ABC), I then changed the properties of the templates to use the proper service accounts. A few weeks go by and it was time to change my ABC password. I change it ..... but now my ABC account gets locked out by the RepliWeb server.
    Checked all templates on Run As and during the Scheduled times.....none are running as my ABC account.
    Verified there were no Scheduled Tasks (Windows)....nothing there.
    Ensured the settings to log in to R1 (Never save password (do not ask again)) was checked

Finally I found this in the registry:
    HKey_Users\GUID\Software\RepliWeb\R1
    - CenterSettings has my ABC account and password in a thread (encrypted PW)
    - Password - had some encrypted too
    - user - had my ABC account

I exported those keys just in case, then I cleared them out.

Am I missing something somewhere that is keeping my credentials? I keep getting locked out multiple times a day.

stevenguyen is offline Senior Member
    look like you have some cache on user id.

best to open a support ticket so that an R1 Support Team can better assist you.

Thanks will do

Thanks. Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenguyen View Post
    look like you have some cache on user id.

best to open a support ticket so that an R1 Support Team can better assist you.

Resolution found

Quote Originally Posted by rojastpa View Post
    Thanks. Will do.
    The answer to this was to delete all the *.erase and *.erase.lock files as stated below:

1 – Check all of your existing scheduled jobs including any templates (if used) under the “Schedule” button and make sure you are using a service account under RUN AS section so the job will not run under other user accounts to avoid future account lockouts. For more information on Run As user, please see the “Scheduling Jobs Window” section of the Repliweb User Guide or HELP file.

2. Check in the Repliweb console under Manage > Center > Internal Process > Backup > Backup Settings you use RUN AS if you are using the backup feature.

3 – After you checked #1 and #2, delete all files with the following two extensions from the following directory… leave other files alone:

~\Program Files\Repliweb\rds\controller\scheduler\active\act ive_eraser\*.erase
    ~\Program Files\Repliweb\rds\controller\scheduler\active\act ive_eraser\*.erase.lock