Thread: Can I do a reverse distribution (i.e. multiple Edges to one Center)?

Andrew.Lupton is offline Banned

Can I do a reverse distribution (i.e. multiple Edges to one Center)?

Can I do a reverse distribution (i.e. multiple Edges to one Center)? I need to be able to collect files from multiple edges to the center.

Andrew.Lupton is offline Banned
    In a standard R-1 distribution job, the source is common.

There is currently no ability to perform a reverse distribution (consolidation) as the source is different (different Edges to pull from) and the target on the Center is also different since you don't want content from one Edge to override content received from another.

To gather information from different nodes, you would need to submit multiple download jobs, each pulling from one Edge to a different target path on the Center. You may also gather data from single or multiple edges by using a Distribution job and defining one or more Pre-Distribution Download jobs. If you use the Pre-Distribution download approach, each Pre-Distribution job defined will run sequentially. If you need to pull all the edge data simultaneously, you can create a container, add multiple download jobs, then submit the container to run the jobs in parallel.

The ability to do consolidations and cascading consolidations in addition to distributions and cascading distributions is being planned for a future product release.