Description

It is a simple insert interaction. The SQL generated in Studio is something like this:

INSERT INTO MYFILE(Field1, TEXT, field2) VALUES :Field1, :TEXT, field2)

There appears to be a problem with the fact that my column name is TEXT. Is this some kind of reserved word for Attunity? When I try to do my insert with the above syntax, i get "Syntax error at line 2 position 35 near 'TEXT' (one of follows was expected: '[end of file]'")

If I change my insert statement and remove the "TEXT" column, it works fine.

I do need to update the TEXT column in my table though, so leaving out the column isn't an option.

Thanks much for any advice

here is the actual error message:
The adapter failed to transmit message going to send port "ATTU_ArtcoStagingFiles://BATCH". It will be retransmitted after the retry interval specified for this Send Port. Details:"Error occurred inside the ACXTransmitter: The execution of the message has failed with the following error message: <exception origin="query.update" name="client.requestError"><info>42000 Syntax error or access violation</info><info>[A047] Syntax error at line 3 position 35 near 'TEXT' (one of follows was expected: '[end of file]') in SQL 'INSERT INTO ARTOSDATA:OSPTXT01A ( PLANT, TRADEN,
SUBNAME, ALBUMT, ORDERN, SUFFIX1, SUFFIX2, LINENO,
FMTID, LINEN, TEXT, INK, ALGN, FONTID, FONTSZ,
MAINL, TEXTID, FILR ) V'
</info></exception>".

Solution

The way to get around the issue of using the reserve word TEXT is to put it into quotes

Example is:
INSERT INTO Ora10g:SYSTEM.IS9237 ( CODE, NAME, "TEXT" ) VALUES ( :CODE, :NAME, :"TEXT" )

So anytime you will be acessing the field TEXT it will need to be quoted.