Get Data Moving 1

Thread: Attunity Java Runtime Error

AttunityNoob is offline Junior Member

Attunity Java Runtime Error

Hello,

I am experiencing a run-time error while trying to connect to the attunity database from a small java program. I am running this program from the command line. I can attach the code if necessary, but below is the error:

java.sql.SQLException: mfdev33: mfdev33
    at com.attunity.comm.Daemon.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at com.attunity.navapi.SysTdp.getRemoteSysTdp(Unknown Source)
    at com.attunity.jdbc.NvConnectionBase.open(Unknown Source)
    at com.attunity.jdbc.NvConnectPropertiesBase.openConn ection(Unknown Source)
    at com.attunity.jdbc.NvDriverCoreBase.connect(Unknown Source)
    at com.attunity.jdbc.NvDriverCoreBase.connect(Unknown Source)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager .java:512)
    at java.sql.DriverManager.getConnection(DriverManager .java:140)
    at AttunityTest.ExecuteQuery(AttunityTest.java:50)
    at AttunityTest.main(AttunityTest.java:84)

mfdev33 is the database name. Please let me know if you need the code. Any insight is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Adeeb Mass'ad is offline Support Manager
    The exception you listed points to a problem in the Connection. We can also see that you are using the DriverManager to get your connection.

Please, review the following article which contains a full JDBC sample:For troubleshooting your code, perform the following steps:-
    1. Make sure the Attunity Daemon is up and running. You can use the IRPCD utility for example:-
    > IRPCD -L 127.0.0.1:2551 TEST
    You can include your hostname or machine IP. The default Attunity PORT is 2551.

This command will test the availibility of the Attunity Daemon on the target machine.

Another option is using the Attunit Studio, and testing against the machine and your target DataSource.
    2. Make sure the connection URL is correctly formatted, refere to the Article mentioned above.

3. In case you are still facing problems, add debugging flags to your Connection URL:
    Log=3;LogFile=C:/TEMP/JDBC_%I.LOG
    Running your code, will now produce some log files which contains the whole debugging stack. These log fiels are called "jdbc_<x>.log". You can attach these log files which will help us understand your problem.

Please, refere to the General JDBC Troubleshooting article for more information.
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us