Load Ingest Data

Thread: VSAM BATCH CDC Solution with Multiple structures

rimmanuel is offline Junior Member

Question VSAM BATCH CDC Solution with Multiple structures

Hi All,

I created VSAM BATCH CDC Solution with multiple tables and each table data can be filtered based on the TABLE_ID.
    Now i have VSAM file which will have data of 50 tables each table with different data. I tried to apply filters in "FILTER ESPRESSION" with say $$$.TABLE_ID = '001' etc for 50 tables. (Here TABLE_ID changes for each table so FILTER EXPRESSION is different).

Problem:

While executing SELECT query to fetch records based on TABLE_ID, Query fetching data without considering TABLE_ID in FILTER EXPRESSION. I tried to query data against _AG (agent).

SELECT * FROM SAM_TBLMAINT:TBLMAINT_DATA WHERE TABLE_ID = '001' LIMIT TO 10 ROWS

This Query is giving first 10 rows of VSAM file.

Is there anyway to get data based on TABLE_ID. or FILTER make work.

Your response is appreciable.

Thanks,
    Robert Immanuel.

swathikotagiri is offline Junior Member
    Robert,
    Just remove the clause 'LIMIT TO 10 ROWS' :)

Quote Originally Posted by rimmanuel View Post
    Hi All,

I created VSAM BATCH CDC Solution with multiple tables and each table data can be filtered based on the TABLE_ID.
    Now i have VSAM file which will have data of 50 tables each table with different data. I tried to apply filters in "FILTER ESPRESSION" with say $$$.TABLE_ID = '001' etc for 50 tables. (Here TABLE_ID changes for each table so FILTER EXPRESSION is different).

Problem:

While executing SELECT query to fetch records based on TABLE_ID, Query fetching data without considering TABLE_ID in FILTER EXPRESSION. I tried to query data against _AG (agent).

SELECT * FROM SAM_TBLMAINT:TBLMAINT_DATA WHERE TABLE_ID = '001' LIMIT TO 10 ROWS

This Query is giving first 10 rows of VSAM file.

Is there anyway to get data based on TABLE_ID. or FILTER make work.

Your response is appreciable.

Thanks,
    Robert Immanuel.

Robert,First, it is not clear how VSAM BATCH CDC is related to the question - are you querying tables in the staging area? Are you querying the backend VSAM (BATCH) 'table'?First, I'd just try to select from one such 'filtered' table without any WHERE clause or anything else, just to see that the filter works. In most cases, the problem is that while the filter is defined, the filtering feature is not enabled in the Query Processor section in the environment definition for the binding in use by the server (see the useTableFilterExpressions option of the QueryProcessor section and make sure it is set to true). Setting this on an unrelated binding environment definition will not help.In contrast with what swathikotagiri insinuates, this should work without SQL acrobatics - AIS does not just glue the expression at the end of the query./d
    By Dror Harari

To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

RobertG is offline Junior Member
    Thanks Harari/Swathi. I agree with you Harari, we created Data source in non-related binding which doesn't have filters feature enabled and scan also. To resolve the issue we created new binding by enabling filter option in query processor and Avoid scan in Optimizer. It's done now. We are doing in BATCH as of now only. We tried CDC with same but Studio doesn't have feature incorporated for CDC solutions.

Thanks,
    Robert Immanuel.