Thread: Attunity Connection error

PaulB is offline Junior Member

Attunity Connection error

I have been trying to get the Attunity connector working using Visual Studio 2008 SSIS (with much trouble over the last several weeks).
    Environment:
    • Windows XP client
    • oracle client 11.2.0.3.20 installed
    • Microsoft Connector for Oracle by Attunity 1.2
    • oracle database (11g Enterprise Edition 11.2.0.2.0 64 bit)

I can finally connect in the development environment regularly but am having trouble with the production environment.
    I can connect with sqlplus from the client using both TNS and instant client (development and prod), so my oracle home and client are configured correctly.
    However when I try to connect using the Oracle Connector in SSIS, I am receiving the following error:

OCI error encountered. ORA-28547:connection to server failed, probably Oracle Net admin error.
    The AcquireConnection method call to the connection manager Oracle Connector failed with error code 0x80004005.
    There may be error messages posted before this with more information on why the AcquireConnection method call failed.
    Additional Information:
    Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned form a call to a COM component. (Microsoft.SqlServer.DTSPipelineWrap)

Any help would be appreciated.

Gadi.Farhat is offline Development Manager
    Hi,

When you say "when I try to connect using the Oracle Connector in SSIS, I am receiving the following error", are you getting the error when running the package or in design time using BIDS?

If you get the error in runtime, then it may be related to the SSIS service account. In this case, you may try to change the SSIS service account or maybe set SQL_AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES = (NONE) in sqlnet.ora

Regards,

Gadi
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us