Load Ingest Data
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gmelhaff

Thread: Does the Attunity Oracle Connector SQL Server 2016 & VS 2015

  1. #1
    wfadel is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0

    Question Does the Attunity Oracle Connector SQL Server 2016 & VS 2015

    Hello Everyone,

    This is my first post to this Forum. Hopefully, I will be of assistance to others in the near future.

    We're using SQL Server 2016 RC2 for a POC. I installed the Attunity Oracle Connector but it seems like it doesn't recognize the SQL Server instance installed on the same machine.

    I see the following error Name:  Attunity Connector Error.png
Views: 7189
Size:  12.5 KB.

    Is there something I can do to get the Connector to work?

    I am currently running Visual Studio 2015 Community edition and I am wondering if that may also be the reason for the connector not working.

    Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    IronRod is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by wfadel View Post
    Hello Everyone,

    [skip]

    I see the following error Name:  Attunity Connector Error.png
Views: 7189
Size:  12.5 KB.

    Is there something I can do to get the Connector to work?

    I am currently running Visual Studio 2015 Community edition and I am wondering if that may also be the reason for the connector not working.

    .
    FWIW, I'm experiencing the same thing during install and then find that the connector isn't recognized within an SSIS package.

    Specifically, I find that, though the connector shows as installed under Programs & Features (Windows 7 development system), I get the error below when opening a package that uses the connector.

    The project connection manager node 'ITDW.conmgr' failed to load:
    Unable to create the type with the name 'AttunitySSISOraConnections.8'.


    For me, this is the exact same connector that works successfully with Visual Studio 2013 (different development system) and is accessing the same instances of SQL Server (2005, 2012, 2014).


    Examining he registry classes, I find only instances 5 and 6:
    AttunitySSISOraConnections.5
    AttunitySSISOraConnections.6


    Interestingly, when I examine the system running Visual Studio 2013, the registry shows the same list -- only instances 5 and 6; no 8 is shown -- but the connector works there. For some reason, on the Visual Studio 2015 system it is looking for a different instance.

    I'm going to try and move the VS2015 system to Windows 8.1 or 10 and see if that makes a difference.
    Last edited by IronRod; 06-07-2016 at 12:49 PM. Reason: Adding update

  3. #3
    mikedba is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    8
    Rep Power
    0
    G'day, I had the exact same issue but I was using the wrong (old) version of the connector.

    Try the v4.0 of the connector:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=52950

    I can confirm it work with VS2015 and SSIS 2016 running on Windows Server 2012R2

  4. #4
    ccote is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedba View Post
    G'day, I had the exact same issue but I was using the wrong (old) version of the connector.

    Try the v4.0 of the connector:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=52950

    I can confirm it work with VS2015 and SSIS 2016 running on Windows Server 2012R2

    I have the same issue and downloading the latest version didn't help, is it related to the fact that I use the community edition of Windows 7?

    Thanks,
    ccote

  5. #5
    ccote is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by mikedba View Post
    G'day, I had the exact same issue but I was using the wrong (old) version of the connector.

    Try the v4.0 of the connector:
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=52950

    I can confirm it work with VS2015 and SSIS 2016 running on Windows Server 2012R2
    I have the same issue even with the new version of the connector. I get the following error: Unable to create the type with the name 'AttunitySSISOraConnections.10' The SSIS package is blank.

    I installed both versions 2 and 4 of the oracle connectors and I do have an instance of MSSQL2012 installed on my machine. Is there anything else I should try?

    Thanks,
    ccote

  6. #6
    f180 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IronRod View Post
    FWIW, I'm experiencing the same thing during install and then find that the connector isn't recognized within an SSIS package.

    Specifically, I find that, though the connector shows as installed under Programs & Features (Windows 7 development system), I get the error below when opening a package that uses the connector.

    The project connection manager node 'ITDW.conmgr' failed to load:
    Unable to create the type with the name 'AttunitySSISOraConnections.8'.


    For me, this is the exact same connector that works successfully with Visual Studio 2013 (different development system) and is accessing the same instances of SQL Server (2005, 2012, 2014).


    Examining he registry classes, I find only instances 5 and 6:
    AttunitySSISOraConnections.5
    AttunitySSISOraConnections.6


    Interestingly, when I examine the system running Visual Studio 2013, the registry shows the same list -- only instances 5 and 6; no 8 is shown -- but the connector works there. For some reason, on the Visual Studio 2015 system it is looking for a different instance.

    I'm going to try and move the VS2015 system to Windows 8.1 or 10 and see if that makes a difference.


    Were you ever able to resolve this? We are in the process of upgrading to Sql Server 2016 and Visual Studio 2015. We have installed Attunity v5.0, along with Oracle 32 and 64bit 12c clients and we can run our packages successfully in VS, but when we try to deploy them we get the following:

    Unable to create the type with the name 'AttunitySSISOraConnections.8'.

    The registry only shows instances for 9 and 10.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!


  7. #7
    gmelhaff is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Attunity for Oracle v5.0 only working with vNext projects?

    Quote Originally Posted by f180 View Post
    Were you ever able to resolve this? We are in the process of upgrading to Sql Server 2016 and Visual Studio 2015. We have installed Attunity v5.0, along with Oracle 32 and 64bit 12c clients and we can run our packages successfully in VS, but when we try to deploy them we get the following:

    Unable to create the type with the name 'AttunitySSISOraConnections.8'.

    The registry only shows instances for 9 and 10.

    Any help would be greatly appreciated!

    I'm sorry I can't help as I'm not to point of actually running with compatible versions yet as I can only get the Attunity 5.0 driver to work with vNext (2017 SSIS) projects!


    • Note: Using Windows 2012 R2 VM, Visual Studio 2015, and Oracle 12c ODTforVS2015 and 32 and 64 bit full clients with remote Oracle and SqlServer instances.


    I first tried to use Attunity 4.0 version but got errors trying to open packages using the earlier version and saw they have new 5.0 version so trying that.

    However attempts to run with projects as 2016 version results in "Cannot find the connection manager with ID "{16237BAA-00D2-4CA8-B033-A81A68181EE8}" in the connection manager collection due to error code 0xC0010009. That connection manager is needed by "Oracle Source.Connections[MSOraConnection]" in the connection manager collection of "Oracle Source". Verify that a connection manager in the connection manager collection, Connections, has been created with that ID."
    Switching to vNext version works just fine. However we're not running SqlServer 2017 (heck its probably a year away from production yet!) so I have no idea why SSDT defaults to this or how to change it or why the Attunity driver not only supports it but appears to be designed for it only. I did notice that the attunity site says this version is for vNext but ignored it since vNext isn't production and this appears to be a production driver - or is it?

    I feel like even though 2016 has been out for over a year this edge may still be bleeding quite profusely.
    Mike likes this.

  8. #8
    gmelhaff is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Sql Server 2016 and Attunity drivers for Oracle

    An update...

    I get the warning that was previously reported when installing version 4.0 on Windows server 2012 R2. And MSORA does not show up in connection drivers available. Existing Oracle connections show as error and the project won't load correctly.

    However if I install the exact same version 4.0 on my Windows 7 laptop, no warning during install and MSORA is available. Bottom line this appears to be problem with installing to Windows server 2012 R2 - maybe a patch level? I see others have successfully installed. Question however is are they trying to run converted 2012 SSIS and are they looking for the right driver within the connection manager? There's an existing Microsoft related Oracle connector that is OLEDB for Oracle which isn't MSORA so that's a different driver.

  9. #9
    vzamoraz is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    1
    Rep Power
    0
    Hello All I am having the same behavior, windwos server 2012 R2
    SQL 2014 visual studio 2015.
    I have installed Attunity 3.0, 4.0 and 5.0.

    When I try to deploy ETLs it shows the same original error messge posted here.
    Is there any solid recomendation to avoid it/ fix it?

    Thank you very much/

  10. #10
    lucyjohn9090 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by IronRod View Post
    FWIW, I'm experiencing the same thing during install and then find that the connector isn't recognized within an SSIS package.

    Specifically, I find that, though the connector shows as installed under Programs & Features (Windows 7 development system), I get the error below when opening a package that uses the connector.

    The project connection manager node 'ITDW.conmgr' failed to load:
    Unable to create the type with the name 'AttunitySSISOraConnections.8'.


    For me, this is the exact same connector that works successfully with Visual Studio 2013 (different development system) and is accessing the same instances of SQL Server (2005, 2012, 2014).


    Examining he registry classes, I find only instances 5 and 6:
    AttunitySSISOraConnections.5
    AttunitySSISOraConnections.6


    Interestingly, when I examine the system running Visual Studio 2013, the registry shows the same list -- only instances 5 and 6; no 8 is shown -- but the connector works there. For some reason, on the Visual Studio 2015 system it is looking for a different instance.

    I'm going to try and move the VS2015 system to Windows 8.1 or 10 and see if that makes a difference.
    Good answer

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •