Thread: Numeric(2,0) automatically as single-byte signed integer in Oracle Source/Destination

reichtho is offline Junior Member

Numeric(2,0) automatically as single-byte signed integer in Oracle Source/Destination

Hi,

I have a strange issue when using e.g. the Microsoft Connector for Oracle by Attunity. Using BIDS 2008.

I have a table named table1 in Oracle 11g with the following definition:

col1 numeric(31, 0)
    col2 numeric(2, 0)

I want to load data to this table from an ole db source (which is actually SQL Server 2008). Connection and everything is ok.

I have my query via OLE DB which returns the following columns (in SSIS data types):
    col1 DT_NUMERIC 31, 0
    col2 DT_NUMERIC 2, 0

I than connect the source to an Oracle Destination (Attunity) and map the colums.
    I now get the error "Datatype conversion of input column "col2" is not supported".
    If I check the advanced editor of the Oracle Destination (tab Input and Output properties), I can see that the external column col2 now has the datatype single-byte signed integer [DT_I1], but the input column still has DT_NUMERIC which is delivered by the source. The DataType of the external column cannot by changed, it doesn't accept the correct value DT_NUMERIC.

Any idea what is wrong here? How can I make it working?

The same also happens when I a data conversion in between source and destination.

Thanks
    Last edited by reichtho; 03-25-2013 at 09:19 AM.

reichtho is offline Junior Member
    Sorry for bothering you guys, I know finally found the solution:
    changed the output column of my source as well to single-byte signed integer and it works....

That I forgot to try, but it seems to be working