Get Data Moving 1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Attunity SSIS connector support for Sql Server 2014?

Mike Honey is offline Junior Member

I tried raising this via Connect and someone from Microsoft said they would be releas

I tried raising this via Connect and someone from Microsoft said they would be released ... last month. All please go here and vote to help speed the release of these connectors:

https://connect.microsoft.com/SQLSer...ql-server-2014

Mike Honey is offline Junior Member

Attunity SSIS Connectors v3.0 released

Microsoft have advised (on a Connect thread) that the Attunity SSIS Connectors v3.0 for SQL Server 2014 have just been released.

Download Microsoft Connectors v3.0 for Oracle and Teradata from Official Microsoft Download Center

I'll be trying them out shortly.
    VERCELLI likes this.

VERCELLI is offline Junior Member
    I've tried the new connector and it works smoothly.
    Last edited by VERCELLI; 11-04-2014 at 01:17 PM.
    Mike Honey likes this.

PSchmitz is offline Junior Member
    We somehow cannot get the Attunity components to show up in SSIS. We installed both the 32 and 64 bit Oracle clients, followed by the Attunity connectors. However, they simply do not show up in the toolbox in Visual Studio.

Is there a manual way we could get them added somehow? Thanks.

mario80 is offline Junior Member

Does it work on Sql server Business Edition?

Someone know if Attunity 3.0 works also on Sql server 2014 Business Intelligence EDITION???

Quote Originally Posted by mario80 View Post
    Someone know if Attunity 3.0 works also on Sql server 2014 Business Intelligence EDITION???
    That never occurred to me, but that's exactly the version we are using. We've attempted installing several versions of the Oracle tools, and have not managed to get the Attunity controls to show up in our Visual Studio. I'll see if we can do a feature upgrade to Enterprise and see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Actually, the release notes do show this:

The component is designed to be used with the Enterprise and Developer editions of SQL Server 2014 Integration Services and will only operate in those environments.
    Edit2: We did a version upgrade to Enterprise, and still do not see the components. I guess we'll set up a 2012 server instead, as this has taken far too much of our time already.
    Last edited by PSchmitz; 11-07-2014 at 06:00 AM.

mario80 is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Does it work on Sql server Business Edition? Someone have tried to use on BusinesEdit

Hello. Have you tried on SQL Server business Edition? I'm having a lot of problem using simply odac connector OraOleDB ....

Quote Originally Posted by PSchmitz View Post
    That never occurred to me, but that's exactly the version we are using. We've attempted installing several versions of the Oracle tools, and have not managed to get the Attunity controls to show up in our Visual Studio. I'll see if we can do a feature upgrade to Enterprise and see if that makes a difference.

Edit: Actually, the release notes do show this:

Edit2: We did a version upgrade to Enterprise, and still do not see the components. I guess we'll set up a 2012 server instead, as this has taken far too much of our time already.

Is anyone in Attunity ever going to address the issue of the components not showing up? Or perhaps write something that shows a bit more detail than "click next next next to install"?

Toffer is offline Junior Member
    Question to the people having problems with not showing up Attunity components in Visual Studio:

Which version of Visual Studio are you using?

If I am right, you have to mention these things:

- Version 3.0 works with VS 2013, not with VS 2010 (I tested it)!
    - Version 2.0 works with VS 2010, not with VS 2013 (Not tested by me, but I think I am right)!

When installed, did you click "refresh" in the SSIS-Toolbox?

Quote Originally Posted by Toffer View Post
    Question to the people having problems with not showing up Attunity components in Visual Studio:

Which version of Visual Studio are you using?

If I am right, you have to mention these things:

- Version 3.0 works with VS 2013, not with VS 2010 (I tested it)!
    - Version 2.0 works with VS 2010, not with VS 2013 (Not tested by me, but I think I am right)!

When installed, did you click "refresh" in the SSIS-Toolbox?
    We tested with VS2013, but never saw the Oracle components show up.

What we did: Installed SQL Server, installed the Oracle client, installed Attunity drivers. No errors anywhere, but no components either.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12