Load Ingest Data

Thread: Failed to load OCI method

pjlyons is offline Junior Member

Failed to load OCI method

System Configuration: 32 bit Windows 7 machine

Server: SQL Server 2008 R2

Background: I am trying to use the Attunity data connector with SQL Server 2008 R2 to import data from Oracle to SQL database. Using the out of the box MS SQL Server 2008 R2 Oracle oledb data connector doesn't work for our situation as it doesn't import correctly unicode characters. This is why we had to move to a new data connector. Using the Oracle provided connector we were able to get the package to work, but the MS Engineer recommended the Attunity Data Connector because it has better performance.

Working solution, but not desired: Oracle 11g data connector. (This has me to believe the Oracle_Home is setup correctly).

Error:

Name:  Attunity Error.png
Views: 472
Size:  11.4 KB

Possible solution: http://forums.attunity.com/forums/mi...-dll-1308.html (ERROR: Failed to load OCI DLL)

I found the above link from the this forum, but was unsure what to do for my situation as mine is 32 bit and the link primarily relates to 64 bit. As I mentioned above I believe the Oracle_Home directory is setup correctly as I am able to connect and run an SSIS package with the same configuration using a different provider. Also because of this fact of being able to run it with a different provider, I would assume permissions are configured correctly. I believe it to be a configuration issue with possibly the registry, but I'm not sure where to look.

Failed solutions: Uninstalling and reinstalled Attunity 1.2 connector.

Thanks for you help in advance,
    Paul

P.S. I posed on MSDN forums back haven't had much luck in responses: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Fo...rationservices

pjlyons is offline Junior Member

Can an Admin delete this duplicate thread?

It took quite a while for my post to show up so had posted it again and now there are 2 that are the same.