Data Replication 2

Thread: OCI error encountered. Error encountered while creating OCI environment.

gouldja is offline Junior Member

OCI error encountered. Error encountered while creating OCI environment.

Hi,

Any help would be really appreciated, i am having issues with the Oracle Connector (specifically the connection MSORA) when running on Windows 2008 R2,

I have tried with Oracle 32 and 64 version 9, 10 and 11 and replicated the issue on 2 servers,

When trying to test the connection I get the message "OCI error encountered. Error encountered while creating OCI environment" (full error message below).,

the Oracle on the box is working (sqlplus, tnsping etc), i have also checked this is working for both the 32 and 64 bit installs. I have tried the Z_SSIS ORACLE_HOME fix, but am confident the issue is unrelated to ORACLE_HOME.

I have a 64 bit windows 7 desktop with exactly the same installs and there is no issues. I have been over all ODBC, Oracle and Attunity Registry keys under LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE,

are there any known issues with Windows Server 2008 R2?

Thanks for any help,

Error Message:
    ===================================

Error at Package [Connection manager "Oracle Connector 1"]: OCI error encountered. Error encountered while creating OCI environment

(Microsoft Visual Studio)

Test connection failed

OCI error encountered. Error encountered while creating OCI environment
    (Package)

------------------------------
    Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.ConnectionManager. AcquireConnection(Object txn)
    at Attunity.IntegrationServices.DataFlowUI.OracleUI.O raConnectionDialog.testConBtn_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

OCI error encountered. Error encountered while creating OCI environment
    (Package)

------------------------------
    Program Location:

at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.Wrapper.IDTSConnec tionManager100.AcquireConnection(Object pTransaction)
    at Microsoft.SqlServer.Dts.Runtime.ConnectionManager. AcquireConnection(Object txn)

gouldja is offline Junior Member

Issue Resolved

Hi,

I have found a resolution to the issue, the PATH variable in the System Environment Variables has to point to the 32 bit oracle home/BIN not the 64 bit,
    i am not sure why this is the case, but is fixes the issue,

any explanation of this would be really helpful, if not i hope this helps someone else

squatt is offline Junior Member

Attunity Connection works on a existing project but not a new project

Very strange thing has happened to SSIS. I have an existing project that has an Attunity Connection for Oracle that works just fine. If I try to create a new Integration Project and add a new MSORA connection, I get the OCI error in this thread. I am able to add a new Package to the existing project and create a new MSORA connection but cannot do this in any new project. On Windows 7 x64 bit machine with SQL Server 2008 R2 installed. I have both x32 and x64 bit full Oracle clients installed. The existing project has the Run64BitRuntime set to True (WT?!?!) and works fine. Is there another setting on a project that can prevent me from adding the MSORA connection successfully? I have done a lot of research and no one has answered this one.