Thread: Oracle connector installation issues

giriraghu is offline Junior Member

Oracle connector installation issues

Hi all,
    After installing the connector, when I try to configure the Oracle Source in BIDS, I get a nasty error message. The message is -
    "Error at Package [Connection Manager "Oracle connector 1"]: The ORACLE registry key cannot be opened. Verify that the oracle client for Windows x86 is installed properly.

Please help me out.

Thanks.

Best regards,
    girish

Yossi Shitrit is offline US Technical Team
    Hi Girish,

Do you have Oracle client 32bit installed on the same machine as BIDS? Oracle client 32bit is required for design time.
    Are you running BIDS on a 32bit or 64bit machine?

Thanks,
    Yossi
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

aconcepcion is offline Junior Member
    Hi Yossi,

I got the same problem. Im running on 64bit machine.

Do I have to install the Oracle client 32bit and 64bit on machine?

Thanks
    Aloy

Gadi.Farhat is offline Development Manager
    Hi Aloy,

Yes, you need to install the 32-bit Oracle client in order to be able to develop packages using BIDS (SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio), because BIDS runs in 32-bit mode.

To run packages in x64 machine you will need the 64-bit Oracle client although you may run the package in 32-bit (non default mode) and in this case avoid installing the 64-bit client.

Regards,

Gadi
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

Santosh is offline Junior Member

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Gadi.Farhat View Post
    Hi Aloy,

Yes, you need to install the 32-bit Oracle client in order to be able to develop packages using BIDS (SQL Server Business Intelligence Development Studio), because BIDS runs in 32-bit mode.

To run packages in x64 machine you will need the 64-bit Oracle client although you may run the package in 32-bit (non default mode) and in this case avoid installing the 64-bit client.

Regards,

Gadi
    Hi ,

I have MS SQL server 2012 installed on a server and on D drive and the machine is 64 bit machine and the Oracle server is in some other Server.

Now can i install both 32 bit and 64 bit Oracle client ? and where do i need set the path folder to ? (i.e) by default the path installation is showing as c:\Program files(*86)\.....
    so do i need to change the path to D drive ? . Please let me know this as i am in urgent need of the answer.

Thanks ,
    Santosh