Data Replication 2

Thread: Server Requirements

Frank-le-Tank is offline Junior Member

Server Requirements

Hello, I have recently tried the Attunity SSIS Conector for Oracle v 3.0 on my local workstation and it worked great. Now I need to plan on how I can get all this to work on a production server and I need to tell my SQL Server Enterprise team what I need. I am using the following on my local workstation, but don't need some of these apps on the server of course:

-SQL Server 2014 (Express or Developer)
    -SQL Server Data Tools for Visual Studio 2013
    -Attunity SSIS Connector for Oracle v 3.0
    -I also have Oracle SQL Developer wich probably installed some drivers no doubt.

My goal is to pull some data out of a production oracle database and then into SQL Server for some reporting applications and also pull data out of Oracle and then into Excel spreadsheets .xlsb format.

I had to update my TNSnames.ora file with an entry for the oracle data source to get the Atunity Oracle Source data flow item to work. Im not going to have a TNSnames.ora file on a production SQL Server!

What are my options and what do I need to tell the SQL Server team I need to get this to work in a production SQL Server environment?

Or is there a link out there that tells about the server requirements for SSIS connector for Oracle v3?

Help appreciated

Thanks,
    Frank
    Last edited by Frank-le-Tank; 10-22-2018 at 05:19 PM.

DanaBaldwin is offline Junior Member

RE: Micrososft SSIS Connectors and Change Data Capture by Attunity

Hi Frank,

Our license agreement with Microsoft is that they directly support this offering. Having said that, I recognize that finding the documentation for use isn't simple. Please refer to this guide and open a support case with Microsoft directly if you need additional assistance. I think you will need an Oracle client on the SSIS server you plan to use, which of course can be on a different server than the database resides upon.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql...ql-server-2017

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sql...ql-server-2017

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,
    Dana Baldwin
    Attunity Support

Quote Originally Posted by Frank-le-Tank View Post
    Hello, I have recently tried the Attunity SSIS Conector for Oracle v 3.0 on my local workstation and it worked great. Now I need to plan on how I can get all this to work on a production server and I need to tell my SQL Server Enterprise team what I need. I am using the following on my local workstation, but don't need some of these apps on the server of course:

-SQL Server 2014 (Express or Developer)
    -SQL Server Data Tools for Visual Studio 2013
    -Attunity SSIS Connector for Oracle v 3.0
    -I also have Oracle SQL Developer wich probably installed some drivers no doubt.

My goal is to pull some data out of a production oracle database and then into SQL Server for some reporting applications and also pull data out of Oracle and then into Excel spreadsheets .xlsb format.

I had to update my TNSnames.ora file with an entry for the oracle data source to get the Atunity Oracle Source data flow item to work. Im not going to have a TNSnames.ora file on a production SQL Server!

What are my options and what do I need to tell the SQL Server team I need to get this to work in a production SQL Server environment?

Or is there a link out there that tells about the server requirements for SSIS connector for Oracle v3?

Help appreciated

Thanks,
    Frank