Thread: SQL 2012 and Attunity 2.0 upgrade - have to edit class ids?

Mike Honey is offline Junior Member

SQL 2012 and Attunity 2.0 upgrade - have to edit class ids?

I've just been working on upgrading some SSIS Packages from SQL 2008 R2 with Attunity 1.2 to SQL 2012 and Attunity 2.0. None of the packages would verify - they report errors with the Class ID e.g.

Description: Component "ORA_SRC_Transaction, clsid {4CAC6073-BCA7-430E-BD29-68A9F0012C6D}" could not be created and returned error code 0x80070005 "Access is denied.". Make sure that the component is registered correctly. End Error Error: 2012-08-22 12:02:03.64 Code: 0xC0048021 Source: DFT_Transactions ORA_SRC_Transaction [354] Description: The component is missing, not registered, not upgradeable, or missing required interfaces. The contact information for this component is "Oracle Source;Microsoft Connector for Oracle by Attunity; Attunity Ltd.; All Rights Reserved; http://www.attunity.com;3".

I created a new Data Source and noticed that the componentClassID was different. So I tried a global find and replace to change the componentClassIDs. This seems to have worked - the packages now validate and execute correctly.

I couldn't find any info on this - can anyone shed any light on it?

Thanks
    Mike

Mike Honey is offline Junior Member
    It seems someone else has struck this issue and is recommending a similar solution:

Upgrading BIDS Projects to SQL Server Data Tools 2012 - MSBI Administration

(look about two pages down under: Oracle Source is not Compatible)