Get Data Moving 1

Thread: SSIS with Kerberos

parik is offline Junior Member

Question SSIS with Kerberos

Hi all,
    we plan to run our SSIS packages under Windows integrated security. I made it working for OLEDB and ODBC connection managers, but I struggle to do the same with Attunity connection managers.
    Situation is like this:
    • we have an Active directory account SomeDomain\SomeWindowsAccount
    • on Oracle side we have defined some proxies (I do not understand much Oracle), so the SomeDomain\SomeWindowsAccount can act as SomeOracleAccount.
    • with SQLplus and OLEDB/ODBC connection managers, I can successfully connect to ORACLE as SomeOracleAccount when running the package as SomeDomain\SomeWindowsAccount (square brackets in user name make the trick - [SomeOracleAccount]).
      Code:
      SELECT user FROM dual;
      returns SomeOracleAccount, which is what I need.
    • I'm having hard time to achieve something like this with Attunity connection manager. I can connect using Windows authentication, but
      Code:
      SELECT user FROM dual
      returns SomeWindowsAccount (do not know how to craft the connection string to be able to login as SomeOracleAccount).

Thanks for any help!
    Petr

parik is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Solution

As this feature is probably not supported, we decided to stop using Attunity connection managers in our SSIS projects. Not ideal solution, but we are not aware of any other.
    We switch to ODBC and OLEDB connection managers (with OLEDB/ODBC using Kerberos for connecting to Oracle is possible).
    If anybody finds a solution, please post it here.
    Thanks,
    Petr