Load Ingest Data

Thread: The connection type "MSTERA" not recognized as a valid connection manager type

MarkFinch is offline Junior Member

The connection type "MSTERA" not recognized as a valid connection manager type

I have set up Attunity Teradata drivers for SSIS on SQL 2008 R2 using BIDS and 32 bit versions.

Processing tests well while under Bids but when I attempt to execute using DTEXEC.exe I get the following error:
    Error: 2015-01-08 10:35:06.27
    Code: 0xC0014005
    Source:
    Description: The connection type "MSTERA" specified for connection manager "TeradataConnector1" is not recognized as a valid connection manager type. This error is returned when an attempt is made to create a connection manager for an unknown connection type. Check the spelling in the connection type name.
    End Error

I have the following execution command:

dtexec /FILE %1\%2 /CONNECTION DestinationConnectionOLEDB;"\"Data Source=XXXXXXXXX;Initial Catalog=XXXXXXXXXX;Provider=SQLNCLI10.1;Integrated Security=SSPI;Auto Translate=false;\"" /CONNECTION TeradataConnector1;"\"DRIVER={Teradata};CHARSET=UT F8;LOGINTIMEOUT=20;DBCNAME=%5;UID=%6;PWD=%4;DATABA SE=;ACCOUNT=;AUTHENTICATION=;WINAUTH=0;\"" /DECRYPT <package-password> /CHECKPOINTING OFF /REPORTING EWCDI > %1\%2.log

Can anyone assist with this?

MarkFinch is offline Junior Member

64 bit vs 32 bit DTEXEC

I found the error that I was having must have been caused by the server using the 64 bit DTEXEC.exe instead of the 32 bit version.
    I pointed it to the 32 bit version and it made it past the error.

Now I am having a different issue :
    Error: 2015-01-08 11:26:09.78
    Code: 0x00000216
    Source: EIP_Data_Import_v3 Connection manager "TeradataConnector1"
    Description: There was an error trying to establish an Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) connection with the database server. SqlState = 08001 Message = [WSock32 DLL] 10065 WSA E HostUnreach: The Teradata server can't currently be reached over this network
    End Error

but the package still works under BIDS.