Thread: loading duplicate rows

Beth is offline Junior Member

loading duplicate rows

Hello.
    I'm trying to figure out a way to load the dropped duplicate rows in a flat file without resorting to using TPT Stream.

We have business cases for which duplicate rows are valid so we need to load them, and I understand multi-load is not supported by this driver. I was hoping if I defined a UNIQUE PRIMARY INDEX on the table that the duplicates would be considered errors and I could get them redirected into a destination error table without the UPI using TPT Stream. Sadly, the duplicates don't generate error rows, so redirecting them didn't work.

I have seen cases when the driver creates new tables on the database under error conditions, but when that happens, a command window pops up and the package does not exit completely, with the 'running' icon still going on the destination component. That tells me that we'd have problems if we tried to schedule the package instead of running it in development mode.

Is there a way we can continue to use Attunity to load data with duplicate rows?

Thanks for your help,

-Beth

Jaime is offline Junior Member
    Hi,

You can fastload duplicate rows into a table if you create that table as a NO PRIMARY INDEX table

See the TD manual:

http://www.info.teradata.com/htmlpub...02.015.39.html

Quote Originally Posted by Beth View Post
    Hello.
    I'm trying to figure out a way to load the dropped duplicate rows in a flat file without resorting to using TPT Stream.

We have business cases for which duplicate rows are valid so we need to load them, and I understand multi-load is not supported by this driver. I was hoping if I defined a UNIQUE PRIMARY INDEX on the table that the duplicates would be considered errors and I could get them redirected into a destination error table without the UPI using TPT Stream. Sadly, the duplicates don't generate error rows, so redirecting them didn't work.

I have seen cases when the driver creates new tables on the database under error conditions, but when that happens, a command window pops up and the package does not exit completely, with the 'running' icon still going on the destination component. That tells me that we'd have problems if we tried to schedule the package instead of running it in development mode.

Is there a way we can continue to use Attunity to load data with duplicate rows?

Thanks for your help,

-Beth