Data Replication 2

Thread: Importing into SQL Server 2005

mturn82988 is offline Junior Member

Importing into SQL Server 2005

We have recently migrated to a JBase system (CUBS) - our aim is to create and provide reporting via SQL Server 2005 but I am having difficulty using the Attunity Connect software from within SQL Server - I have set up an ODBC connection called CODBC and am trying to use OpenDataSource from within Management Studio:

SELECT*
    FROMOPENdatasource('SQLOLEDB','dsn=CODBC;SERVER=server;'
    ).CLARITY.[PUBLIC].TRANS

But I am unfamiliar with the syntax so this is throwing the errors:

OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Invalid authorization specification".
    OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" returned message "Invalid connection string attribute".
    Msg 7399, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    The OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)" reported an error. Authentication failed.
    Msg 7303, Level 16, State 1, Line 1
    Cannot initialize the data source object of OLE DB provider "SQLNCLI" for linked server "(null)".

It's likely that my syntax is wrong - can anyone point me in the right direction?

All help apprciated

Mark

It is not clear from your question how exactly is the Attunity Connect ODBC provider tied into this. Non of the errors seems to come from Attunity related code
    By Dror Harari

To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

mturn82988 is offline Junior Member

SQL Server 2005

Hello, thanks for your reply

My query is not strictly tied to Attunity Connect other than the fact that I have set up an ODBC connection via Attunity Connect and I would like to utilise this via SQL Server 2005.

My aim is to use the OpenDataSource() method but I am struggling with the connection string to pass to it - how do I utilise the machine DSN in SQL Server 2005

I hope this makes more sense - I have searched google for the necessary string but came up blank

Regards

Mark

ussupport1 is offline US Support

MS Syntax

Two things I found. I too had a table named "TRAN" on an RMS data source and this is a reserved word in MS SQL Server 2005 and I could not use it. Also, via ODBC the syntax has changed for the owner where the owner needs to be enclosed in double quotes.
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us