Load Ingest Data

Thread: SQL Server 2016 to Teradata 15.10 - Attunity Connector, 32 or 64 bit?

JPQuinn is offline Junior Member

SQL Server 2016 to Teradata 15.10 - Attunity Connector, 32 or 64 bit?

Hello, I'm on a SQL Server 2016 SP1, and I connect to a Teradata 15.10, and the SSIS packages (designed in Visual Studio/SSDT) are setup to use Attunity 4.0. I have install the Teradata 64 bit drivers, and hte attunity connectors. With the job setup running the packages, when the SSIS packages that connect to Teradata, I must mark the Advanced connections in the job that calls that step (package) must be marked with 32 bit, or it will fail. Is it possible to have a 64 bit pathway between SQL Server and Teradata using Attunity? Thanks, JPQ

Quote Originally Posted by JPQuinn View Post
    Hello, I'm on a SQL Server 2016 SP1, and I connect to a Teradata 15.10, and the SSIS packages (designed in Visual Studio/SSDT) are setup to use Attunity 4.0. I have install the Teradata 64 bit drivers, and the Attunity connectors. With the job setup running the packages, when the SSIS packages that connect to Teradata, I must mark the Advanced connections in the job that calls that step (package) must be marked with 32 bit, or it will fail. Is it possible to have a 64 bit pathway between SQL Server and Teradata using Attunity? Thanks, JPQ
    Hello, I'm bumping this thread, I'm hoping to hear some feedback. We have everything 64 bit on the TD and SQL Server side, drivers, connectors,. Yet, in Visual Studio 2015 Community/SSDT 14, as it's a 32 bit client, you design the SSIS package including the connectors to use, 64 bit ones. But when you have the job set up, any step that runs a SSIS package and the Attunity connector, you must flip it to use 32 bit. Try anything 64 bit and it fails. So can Attunity ever run between Teradata and SQL Server using the Attunity connector as 64 bit, or is it just accepted and known to run at 32 bit at this time? Would sure like to get to the bottom and understand.

Thanks,
    JPQ

Hello, I'm bumping this thread, I'm hoping to hear some feedback. We have everything 64 bit on the TD and SQL Server side, drivers, connectors,. Yet, in Visual Studio 2015 Community/SSDT 14, as it's a 32 bit client, you design the SSIS package including the connectors to use, 64 bit ones. But when you have the job set up, any step that runs a SSIS package and the Attunity connector, you must flip it to use 32 bit. Try anything 64 bit and it fails. So can Attunity ever run between Teradata and SQL Server using the Attunity connector as 64 bit, or is it just accepted and known to run at 32 bit at this time? Would sure like to get to the bottom and understand.

Thanks,
    JPQ
    Re-Bump, surely someone knows something or has experience related to this issue??

ccparkhill is offline Junior Member
    Re-Bump, surely someone knows something or has experience related to this issue??
    We use Attunity 4.0 TPT with SQL Server 2016 SP1 SSIS, installed the following from TTU 15.10.05 (may not all be required):
    • ODBC Driver
    • OLEDB Access Module
    • .Net Data Provider
    • TPT Base
    • TPT Stream

Install Attunity 4.0 32-bit and 64-bit drivers.

Set up 32-bit and 64-bit ODBC connectors to Teradata.

I tried TTU 16 but the Attunity drivers don't seem to recognise the newer ODBC drivers.