Load Ingest Data

Thread: SQL SERVER LINKED SERVER TO ATTUNITY GETTING DISCONNECTED INTERMITTENTLY(very urgent)

Optimdev is offline Junior Member

SQL SERVER LINKED SERVER TO ATTUNITY GETTING DISCONNECTED INTERMITTENTLY(very urgent)

Sensitive Info
    Last edited by Optimdev; 08-31-2011 at 04:42 PM. Reason: Sensitive info

It is hard to tell what is going on without some logging. Please follow the instructions in the following forum article: troubleshooting-ais-odbc-oledb-under-iis-752 to capture the log of the Attunity provider when running under SQL Server (the default security settings of SQL Server will likely prevent it from writing to the regular log files). Examine these logs for hints and pass them along to your support rep.

Regards,

Dror
    By Dror Harari

To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

Sensitive info
    Last edited by Optimdev; 08-31-2011 at 04:42 PM.

To Add on to the above issue,Most of the times I am able to run a query
    against Linked Server(Attunity) but some times i get an error.And if i keep trying the same query for couple, it suddenly starts executing....This is baffling me...
    :(

The errors of the form:

Code:
    [AIS] DIS9019E: System error 13: Permission denied; (OPEN)
    are a result of the default SQL Server service security settings. If you grant the service account used for running SQL Server read (or read/write) access to the DEF directory (C:\Program Files\Attunity\Server\def) and its contents, then this error will disappear.

Essentially what this means is that AIS will not be able to read its configuration (including environment settings). However, since the connection string uses the BindURL keyword to connect to the remote AIS server and since all environment settings can be given on the connection string, this error message can be ignored.

The time-out errors and related client/server errors indicate that some problem with the server. You should look into the daemon log and into the specific NAV_UTIL server logs to see if you can find the root cause there. The error seems to indicate that the server stopped responding.

Also, please also check how often you see messages of the form:

Code:
    CLNT.C (1273): ; Connecting to 10.5.68.150:57796:tcp:4664
    You should not see too many of those (in a short time) as this may indicate that the connections are not reused.

/d
    By Dror Harari

Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

Thanks For the reply.

I am seeing this multiple times in m log file.I believe this is due to the setting in Attunity studio i.e Workspace server mode : Single Client.
    If possible please confirm this.
    I am Working on the permissions and will let you know once it is fixed .In order to get to the NAV log file ,I am waiting for attuntiy linked server to fail now as it happens only intermittently.Once it fails and i have a log file , i would post it for further help from you.
    Thanks a ton.....
    Last edited by Optimdev; 08-31-2011 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Sensitive info

Please refrain from posting server log information here as this is a public forum. If the server logs do not help you resolve the problem, please contact your IBM support representative directly at 1-800-IBM-SERV and provide them with your PMR number.

What I am trying to do here is help you and others in being more effective at troubleshooting issues. In your case, it appears from the client logs (which could not be written due to SQL Server security settings) that there is some problem on your server and that this is where you should look next.
    By Dror Harari

Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

Sure.Thanks.
    Last edited by Optimdev; 08-31-2011 at 05:00 PM.