Load Ingest Data

Thread: LogMiner failed to add Redo Log with sequence in thread 1

elena is offline Junior Member

LogMiner failed to add Redo Log with sequence in thread 1

hi.. our oracle server had a failure and this redo log is missing (we are trying to recover it), however, if we cannot recover it, what are our options? I would hate to have to reload the entire table again (it is large).. any ideas in case we cannot recover it? this is a production task...

thank you for any advice!

stevenguyen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elena View Post
    hi.. our oracle server had a failure and this redo log is missing (we are trying to recover it), however, if we cannot recover it, what are our options? I would hate to have to reload the entire table again (it is large).. any ideas in case we cannot recover it? this is a production task...

thank you for any advice!
    Hello Elena,

The REDO sequence for our product needs to be intact.

Are they using logminer or BFile?

The DBA should be able to restore the log and query the sequence outside of our product to endure the sequencing is intact. Once this is done the task can be resumed by date/time to the point of failure.

However, If the cannot get the Redo log back, the only option to be 100% sure they get all CDC events is to reload that one table.

If you can live with the chance of a few missing events then you can start by time stamp after the missing redo log. If you know which records that have been changed, added or deleted then you could go to the source tables and modify the updated records yourselves.

Thanks,
    Steve

elena is offline Junior Member

thank you

hi Steve, that is what I suspected, but was wishfully thinking :). We are restoring those redo logs now and hopefully we can resume the job.

thanks!