Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Warning: No Permissions to create Oracle directory objects

orutom is offline Junior Member

Create Directory Object permission issue on Oracle 18c active standby

I have this same issue trying to set a endpoint to read from an Oracle 18c active standby. I tried creating the atturep_dir_test directory on the primary and granting read,write, execute permissions to the user so it would feed to the standby. The endpoint still fails on testing because it cannot create a directory. Obviously its not going to be able to create the directory directly on the standby so how do we make it so the endpoint can read from a standby like the documentation says it can.

Hein is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by orutom View Post
    I have this same issue trying to set a endpoint to read from an Oracle 18c active standby. I tried creating the atturep_dir_test directory on the primary and granting read,write, execute permissions to the user so it would feed to the standby. The endpoint still fails on testing because it cannot create a directory. Obviously its not going to be able to create the directory directly on the standby so how do we make it so the endpoint can read from a standby like the documentation says it can.
    You seem to have a good handle on this issue.
    I think it is just the TEST failing, but with then manually created directory you should be ok.
    At runtime Replicate will dynamically search for a suitable directory and only create one if there is none.
    The test verifies that one could be created if needed, but does not check whether it will be needed.

You may want to test with Logminer, just for the test button, then switch back to the Replicate reader for actual usage.

hth,
    Hein.

orutom is offline Junior Member
    You are correct Hein.

I added the permissions to use logminer and switched to that to confirm the connect worked. I then switched back to Attunity Log Reader which still throws the error on the test. However, I went ahead and used this source in my task and was able to transfer a table to my target. Thanks for your help.

Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12