Get Data Moving 1

Thread: what does "Waiting for Transactional Consistency" mean on a starting task? (oracle db

elena is offline Junior Member

what does "Waiting for Transactional Consistency" mean on a starting task? (oracle db

I have created a task, and tried to start it and it is stuck on "waiting for transactional consistency". What does that mean, and how do I fix it?

thank you!

stevenguyen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by elena View Post
    I have created a task, and tried to start it and it is stuck on "waiting for transactional consistency". What does that mean, and how do I fix it?

thank you!
    Hello Elena,

From the User guide:

Transaction consistency timeout (seconds): The number of seconds that
    Attunity Replicate waits for transactions close, if they are open when the task
    starts, before beginning the full-load operation. The default value is 600 (10
    minutes). Attunity Replicate will begin the full load after the timeout value is
    reached even if there are open transactions.

------------------

when you start a Fullload + CDC task, to avoid AR capture part of a transaction, so it will check how many transactions are opened at the moment task starts. then it will try to wait util all those transactions close Or it reach this consistency timeout reached.

If all of them closed before timeout reachs, then no changes will be lost. But if some of them are still open at the moment timeout, then all those transactions will be ignored by AR.

Hope it answers your questions.

Thanks,
    Steve Nguyen

so.. to clarify...

if the transaction is open at the time that full load starts, it will NEVER pick it up? it just loses it?

Hello Elena,

If all of them closed before timeout reachs, then no changes will be lost. But if some of them are still open at the moment timeout, then all those transactions will be ignored by AR.

Thanks,
    Steve Nguyen

ok, that's good to know.. will have to make sure that the databases are doing nothing

when starting a task.. that just seems pretty odd, I would have thought that it would be picked up by the change control processing..

Quote Originally Posted by elena View Post
    when starting a task.. that just seems pretty odd, I would have thought that it would be picked up by the change control processing..
    Hello Elena,

If there is an open transaction when the timeout is reached then the transactions will be lost.

It could be that the database has to be doing nothing. I have seen replicate start okay on a very busy source database, the key was that there were no long running transactions, that is what needs to be avoided.
    Are you seeing this consistency timeout occur when she starts a task.

Thanks,
    Steve Nguyen

yes, seeing the inconsistence on start of task.

hi

luckily this is development, so it is not tragic. But I will need to remember for prod to start when nothing is happening on the database.

thank you.