Thread: Error installing the trial version

Alan.Chisum is offline Junior Member

Error installing the trial version

I tried to install the 64-bit version on a Windows Server Standard SP2 virtual machine with SQL Server 2008 on it.

The first couple of pop-ups indicated things were going well and then I got the message "setup is unable to create addin registry entry".

Setup then completes and indicates success, but I don't get the Attunity option when I go into BIDS.

Any ideas?

Gadi.Farhat is offline Development Manager
    Hi Alan,

The problem is that the installer couldn't register the Addin and therefore you can't see the option added to the project menu.

The installer should be run by a member of the Administarator group. If your user account is a member of the Administrator group and you still get the error then, right click the installer and select run as adminstraor. This will run the installer with the level of access granted in an administrator user access token.

Regards,

Gadi
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

Alan.Chisum is offline Junior Member
    Thanks, Gadi. That did the trick.

I am an Admin on the box so I didn't expect that to be a problem. But right-clicking the installer and running it specifically as and Admin allowed it to install successfully.

Thanks for the help.

Yossi Shitrit is offline US Technical Team
    Hi,

Just want to add that In case of getting the following error when running the Configure CDC Service wizard:

Error occurred: [ExB011] Template 'Oracle' was not found

Then the problem might be with Visual Studio (BIDS) not having permission to read the Attunity installation directory.
    To fix it, try to run BIDS as Admin by right-clicking the BIDS executable and selecting run as Administrator.
    If this helps then try giving permission to everybody on the Attunity installation directory.

Thanks,
    Yossi
    To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us