Thread: Moving away from RealTime CDC - The setup not working

SURYA.BHATTACHARYYA is offline Junior Member

Moving away from RealTime CDC - The setup not working

I have following the instruction in one of your other userforum article to set this up. here is what I did.

1. I setup the 'RealTime' parameter in 'ParameterUpdate.xml' in Attunity Default Installation location.
    2. I modified the solutions 'Parameters' file to include the same definition for RealTime. Updated the version number.
    3. I stopped the service, Went to configuration, 'Advanced' tab and updated the RealTime dynamic parameter to 'False' and The 'Maximum wait time for a single batch of changes' to 3600. The intention was to poll changes from database (the logminer jobs) once every one hour.
    Changing the Realtion to 'False', automatically checking the 'Recude log sampling rate when database activity is low'. Even unchecking and 'Apply configuration' is not changing it.
    The CDC seervices were stopped before all this setup.
    The Result: It not polling realtime for sure but not waiting for an hour either. Every 10 to 25 minutes it's polling the changes.
    What Am I doing wrong or missing here?

Thanks
    Surya Bhattacharyya

The parameter you have changed would not result in polling once an hour. What it does is wait up-to-an-hour if no activity is seen. If there is some activity (even a rolled back transaction), the log reader will return something for the program to process and polling would occur again.
    By Dror Harari

To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

SURYA.BHATTACHARYYA is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrorHarari View Post
    The parameter you have changed would not result in polling once an hour. What it does is wait up-to-an-hour if no activity is seen. If there is some activity (even a rolled back transaction), the log reader will return something for the program to process and polling would occur again.
    Thanks for your response.

My basic intention is to delay the capture so that it takes less toll on the production source systems. The operations of the production source systems are complaining about to many log miner jobs running all the time. What will be the best way to delay the capture even if there are changes? I don't need real time/immediate capture at this stage or in near future. We are planning to load the warehouse only once a day.

Is this supported in the version of attunity we are using (Version 2.1.89)?

Thanks

Surya Bhattacharyya.

You can use the task scheduler on the Windows side to turn off the service during high traffic hours, and turn it on when the usage is lower. If latency is not an issue and if the database logs are available long enough on-line then that may solve your problem.
    By Dror Harari

To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us