Load Ingest Data

Thread: MySQL source "Read next binary log event timed-out"

BlackGoldFarms is offline Junior Member

MySQL source "Read next binary log event timed-out"

We are using MySQL db as a source and SQL Server as a destination.

Replication seems to run great for hours, with a full load taking only 11 minutes, but after a few hours it will get this timed-out error and quit replicating...

stopping & resuming the task gets the replication working again... but it needs to be done manually

ideally, I would like to resolve the timed-out issue, but is there anyway to trigger an automatic restart of the task upon errors?

error:
    00004680: 2018-11-12T13:04:25 [SOURCE_CAPTURE ]I: Read next binary log event timed-out. (mysql_endpoint_capture.c:932)

All servers are running in AWS, the source is in the Oregon region and the Attunity & Destination servers are in the Ohio region (67ms latency)

any help would be appreciated
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by BlackGoldFarms; 11-12-2018 at 05:15 PM.

updated a few things... error still happening

Since I initially posted this, we have moved the source database to the same AWS region, where now the latency is < 1ms and the full load takes only 6 minutes...

I have also created some batch files to stop & start both the service, as well as the Attunity task... which works, but is not what I would like as a long term solution

the batch file is scheduled to run every hour, to ensure that if/when attunity gets this timed-out error it can recover in max 1 hr, as it doesn't recover by itself...

it had been running for 3 days without this error impacting the data, but then there was an occurrence of this error again... which was corrected once the batch file kicked in...

I would really like to know what this error message is referring to and/or what could be causing it...

If we can't figure it out, we will likely find a different solution that we can better rely on.

reptask_FusionLiveCDC__181201152503.txt

stevenguyen is offline Senior Member
    i see that in the log your Replicate version is 6.0 , we have fixed many issue and current version is 6.2.

i have send you a link for the latest 6.2 kit.

Cool Updated to version 6.2 and all is well now

I installed the update to version 6.2 and it works well now.

Thanks.