Load Ingest Data

Thread: Not able to Login to Replicate Console

ankushchawla03 is offline Junior Member

Not able to Login to Replicate Console

I installed Attunity Replicate for the first time on Linux 7 with root user

rpm was installed successfully I could see the attunity replicat running on port
    ps -ef | grep -i attunity
    user1 28003 1 0 13:13 ? 00:00:00 /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/repctl -d /opt/attunity/replicate/data service start port=3550 rest_port=3552
    user1 28004 28003 0 13:13 ? 00:00:02 /opt/attunity/replicate/bin/repctl -d /opt/attunity/replicate/data service start port=3550 rest_port=3552

However when I tried to login into console it gave me ceriticate error and did not allowed to login . I tried to using "user1" to try to Login which specified during installation
    I tried to use root login as well, please help.

https://<hostname>:3552/attunityreplicate

Please help

Hein is offline Senior Member

Just tell Browser to go ahead and use private ceritifcate?

>> into console it gave me certificate error and did not allowed to login

Please clarify.

Replicate does not give certificate errors.
    Browsers do if they don't like self-signed certificates going to a secure (https) site such as the Replicate GUI
    The optimal solution is to get your company to get a (free) internal trusted certificate to use.

Most browers allow you to ignore the warning, some behind and 'advanced' link, and continue.
    Try a different browser? I like using Chrome for Replicate, but that's not a requirement.

Once you are passed the security hurdle, Replicate comes into play.
    It may accept your credentials, or woudl tell you 'cannot login' or similar, but would not complain about certificates.
    Also, once you talk to Replicate but are still refused, then there will be a messagve in repuictl.log indicating details such as your credentials attempted.

Good luck,
    Hein

thanks for your help.

i got the same error I clicked on Advanced and proceed to the unsafe
    However it prompts me the login at the top of browser " Authentication Required "

what that would be would be the system login or the Attunity Server login. I tried both but not working it prompted again

for IE something similar happened when i continued: i got a popup which states
    "The server x.x.x.x is asking for your username and password. the server reports that it is from Attunity_Server"

I logged in using the credentials i used during Attunity Installation.. But still it fails, i used the root login as well

please advise

stevenguyen is offline Senior Member
    Try the user name is admin and the password is admin.

if you fail to login using admin\admin, please run the command : repctl SETSERVERPASSWORD <new_password> -- (This command is used for resetting the password of admin user ?)

and restart the replicate server.

====
    The user guide explain the use of the repctl SETSERVERPASSWORD
    and
    the use of user admin for Linux UI login.

Thanks a lot
    You made my day :) It worked

Now while creating the endpoint as Oracle .,. and specifying the details it gives me below library error

• Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'Oracle', type 'Oracle'. Failed to load.
    • Cannot load <libclntsh.so.12.1, libclntsh.so.11.1, libclntsh.so.10.1, >: Success Failed to load. Cannot load <libclntsh.so.10.1>: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Failed to load. Cannot load <libclntsh.so.11.1>: libclntsh.so.11.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Failed to load. Cannot load <libclntsh.so.12.1>: libclntsh.so.12.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Failed to load.

Do you suggest any User guide or book for the same. I am not able to get it anywhere

stevenguyen is offline Senior Member
    Best that you open a new thread for this topic, since this thread is for login to the UI.

Also, you should search the forum for this similar issue.

Quote Originally Posted by ankushchawla03 View Post
    Now while creating the endpoint as Oracle .,. and specifying the details it gives me below library error

• Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'Oracle', type 'Oracle'. Failed to load.
    • Cannot load <libclntsh.so.12.1, libclntsh.so.11.1, libclntsh.so.10.1, >: Success Failed to load. Cannot load <libclntsh.so.10.1>: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Failed to load. Cannot load <libclntsh.so.11.1>: libclntsh.so.11.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Failed to load. Cannot load <libclntsh.so.12.1>: libclntsh.so.12.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory Failed to load.

Hein is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ankushchawla03 View Post
    Do you suggest any User guide or book for the same. I am not able to get it anywhere
    Yes, a PDF userguide came with the product.
    Check the Oracle pre-requisites.
    It seems obvious that the Replicate process cannot find the Oracle Client libraries.
    - Were those installed ( be sure to get SQLplus to work on the Replicate server before even trying Replicate to work. Full Stop.)
    - Was the Replicate server process informed about the Oracle library path ($LD_LIBRARY or $PATH... whatever is needed).

Please create a new topic if need be.

Good luck,
    Hein

thanks for reply
    I have added Oracle home library into LD_LIBRARY_PATH in attunity and i can use attunity user can access the library file libclntsh.so.12.1. still it gives error

On unix i am logging and use "attrep" user . However i am logging in console with user admin.
    Can u tell me if it due to this?
    i would be creating new thread if it will not work by this reply.