Get Data Moving 1
Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Strange Issue w/ Kicking Off Tasks

  1. #1
    mswanson_nmdp is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Strange Issue w/ Kicking Off Tasks

    This may not be the right place to post this question, but I'm wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same issues we are with our Replicate install.

    We have been working in a Dev instance of Replicate 6.2.0.255 (previously we were on 6.1.0.XXX (I forget which version specifically, but I think it was before the current release of 6.1.0.442) and we were testing our migration process by exporting and importing jobs and we kept seeing a recurring error flare up, where the task would immediately fail and throw the error "Task Server Initialization Failed." No useful logs would be generated by this failed task.

    During the course of a lot of looking around online (with no luck) and also some manual digging in our managed server (which is on Windows Server 2016), I noticed that there were subfolders for each of our tasks in the directory D:\Attunity\Replicate\data\tasks\, where we had installed the app. I thought there may be some strange caching issue happening so I tried to delete the folder for our failed task, only to have it immediately recreate itself as a blank directory with the same name. This also occurred when I renamed the folder. When I exported the failing task and edited the JSON string to show a different name and re-imported it, the task runs as intended - this leads me to believe that we have either a corrupted installation of Replicate, or that we are unearthing a caching bug.

    I wanted to know if anyone else in this forum has seen this, or had thoughts on this?

  2. #2
    mswanson_nmdp is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    0

    Issue Resolved.

    I wanted to add a comment on how this issue was resolved, in case someone else encounters this same problem.
    We had a log miner (LogRhythm) in play to grab login/access details for an Info Sec audit, this was locking the log file and causing Attunity to be unable to roll over a new log from the previous one. We disabled LogRhythm and were able to kick off tasks as intended.

    Special thanks to Barb / Hein from Attunity for all their assistance!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •