Load Ingest Data

Thread: Issue with Oracle DB Source (in Cloud)

TSC
    TSC is offline Junior Member

Issue with Oracle DB Source (in Cloud)

Hi,

I am trying to replicate our ERP system database (Oracle 12C - Multitenant environment (PDB) and hosted in Oracle Cloud)

Since LogMiner does not support PDB I am trying to use the "Binary Reader" in Attunity Replicate Express".

I have succeeded in doing a full load, but I cannot capture any changes (have trying several update/commit statements on source, but nothing is applied on the destination (SQL))

I can see in the console that whenever I do a update statement it is registered in the "Incoming Changes" bar: (0 Transactions) changes to (1 Transactions)

However when I then do a commit on source it changes from (1 transactions) to (0 transactions) but the change never appears on the destination :-/

The "only" errors I can see is:
    00006404: 2018-06-06T10:24:41 [SERVER ]E: Failed to create a process mutex 'Local\ATTUNITY_AR_METRICS': Access is denied. [120106] A call to a system function has failed. (syswindows.c:190)

00004768: 2018-06-06T10:24:42 [METADATA_MANAGER]W: Table 'CRPDTA.F0006' cannot be captured because Oracle Security DB Encryption value was not provided (oracle_endpoint_lists.c:868)

I don't really have a clue on what they mean and what a possible solution can be.

All help is appreciated!!!

riyawilliams is offline Junior Member

Issue with oracle DB Source in Cloud

Hai,
    Attempts to use the
    Oracle Database Cloud Service console to replace the database on a deployment from a cloud backup may fail after 10 hours due to a timeout. This problem may occur if the cloud backup is very large or if a network problem occurs.
    When you create a database deployment and choose database type Database Clustering with Oracle RAC or database type Database Clustering with RAC and Data Guard Standby, the create deployment operation may fail.

Thanks,
    Riya.

stevenguyen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TSC View Post
    Hi,

I am trying to replicate our ERP system database (Oracle 12C - Multitenant environment (PDB) and hosted in Oracle Cloud)

Since LogMiner does not support PDB I am trying to use the "Binary Reader" in Attunity Replicate Express".

I have succeeded in doing a full load, but I cannot capture any changes (have trying several update/commit statements on source, but nothing is applied on the destination (SQL))

I can see in the console that whenever I do a update statement it is registered in the "Incoming Changes" bar: (0 Transactions) changes to (1 Transactions)

However when I then do a commit on source it changes from (1 transactions) to (0 transactions) but the change never appears on the destination :-/

The "only" errors I can see is:
    00006404: 2018-06-06T10:24:41 [SERVER ]E: Failed to create a process mutex 'Local\ATTUNITY_AR_METRICS': Access is denied. [120106] A call to a system function has failed. (syswindows.c:190)

00004768: 2018-06-06T10:24:42 [METADATA_MANAGER]W: Table 'CRPDTA.F0006' cannot be captured because Oracle Security DB Encryption value was not provided (oracle_endpoint_lists.c:868)

I don't really have a clue on what they mean and what a possible solution can be.

All help is appreciated!!!

====
    ====

The error point that the encryption key was not provided.

When the source tables are encrypted or contain encrypted columns, you need to specify the Oracle Wallet encryption keys and their values:
    - To find the encryption key you should follow the instruction in the user guide under: "Finding the Wallet Entry used for TDE Column Encryption in a Specific Table".

- make sure you perform step 4 correctly i.e. the Oracle endpoint in the advanced tab you should places the names of each encryption key "Names" box, and the passwords for each encryption key in the "Values" box. The name has an prefix of "ORACLE.SECURITY.DB.ENCRYPTION" or "ORACLE.SECURITY.TS.ENCRYPTION" and passwords do not. The passwords are usually long (92 chars), so please confirm that, and also please copy the password first to a text file to make sure they copy and paste didn't hurt them.
    To insert multiple entries, separate them by comma. You should enter the names and values in the same order, so in names put:name1,name2 and in values: value1,value2 where name1 is name of value1 and name2 is name of value2 .

the command from the user guide:

mkstore –wrl <full wallet name> -viewEntry <entry name>