Data Replication 2
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Replicate - setup connection point and error - Client HTTP request failed

stevenguyen is offline Senior Member

New Replicate - setup connection point and error - Client HTTP request failed

I am setting up a new Replicate server and try the connection point for SQL database / Oracle database but fail

SYS-E-HTTPMSG, Client HTTP request failed: API library cannot be loaded.

I have installed the 64-bit SQL client and the 64-bit Oracle Client.

The issue could be that you installed the SQL or Oracle client after Replicate.

if so, you would need to Restart the Replicate Services, for Replicate to recognize the clients are installed.

Hein is offline Senior Member
    As Steve indicates, be sure to re-start the Attunity Replicate service after installing new DB clients.

May we assume you assumed on a Windows Server?

Which endpoint is failing? Both ... must be the restart.

Oracle? You may have to add the (insta?) client location to the system PATH.
    You may also want to add an environment variable for TNS_ADMIN.
    Not required, but handy.
    Also download/install SQLplus... get that to work first, Replicate next.

If it still fails, using the 'TEST' button on the Manage Endpoints, then be sure to open up the log and study it.
    Post relevant log fragments ( version, "]E:" lines and a few around it ) to this topic.

hth,
    Hein

gavinajayar is offline Junior Member

SYS-E-HTTPMSG, Client HTTP request failed

Hi,

Good day.. I would really appreciate if someone can help me on this error, i cant connect to oracle database. Im using this connection string lenovo-pc:1521/orcl.168.1.9. I'm searching in internet for this kind of error and found one in this forum, but the thread isn't resolved yet.

• SYS-E-HTTPMSG, Client HTTP request failed: Stream component initialization function has failed for component 'Oracle', type 'Oracle'. [121914] API library cannot be loaded.

I have installed oracle and cannot connect to, i have restarted the attunity replicate server and gui. I was able to connect to oracle using sqldeveloper and pl/sql developer, but not in attunity.

Oracle version:

Oracle Database 11g Enterprise Edition Release 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
    PL/SQL Release 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
    CORE 11.2.0.1.0 Production
    TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production
    NLSRTL Version 11.2.0.1.0 - Production

tnsnames.ora details

# tnsnames.ora Network Configuration File: C:\app1\Jay-ar\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\network\admin\tnsnames. ora
    # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

LISTENER_ORCL =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))

ORACLR_CONNECTION_DATA =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
    (SID = CLRExtProc)
    (PRESENTATION = RO)
    )
    )

ORCL =
    (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = localhost)(PORT = 1521))
    (CONNECT_DATA =
    (SERVER = DEDICATED)
    (SERVICE_NAME = orcl.168.1.9)
    )
    )

>> but the thread isn't resolved yet.
    It probably was, but happy folks rarely come back to indicate success.
    This is a really basic setup error. This stuff works. Period.

I'm pleased to see you did your homework and checked with other tools.
    I prefer the simple SQLplus as it is close to what Replicate uses.

>> API library cannot be loaded.

That typically means that the Oracle Client Library Bin directory is NOT in the path.
    There was no indication in your reply indicating that was verified

Replicate needs to be able to find OCI.DLL
    Be sure the bin directory for it is in the path and restart the Replicate Service to pick it up, then test.

Good luck,
    Hein

sr_stage is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hein View Post
    >> but the thread isn't resolved yet.
    It probably was, but happy folks rarely come back to indicate success.
    This is a really basic setup error. This stuff works. Period.

I'm pleased to see you did your homework and checked with other tools.
    I prefer the simple SQLplus as it is close to what Replicate uses.

>> API library cannot be loaded.

That typically means that the Oracle Client Library Bin directory is NOT in the path.
    There was no indication in your reply indicating that was verified

Replicate needs to be able to find OCI.DLL
    Be sure the bin directory for it is in the path and restart the Replicate Service to pick it up, then test.

Good luck,
    Hein

I am experiencing similar issues to this one reported above - my database clients are installed and I can create ODBC connections, the Attunity log reports detection of the SQL Server Driver but I cannot establish a connection to any of my environments using the "native' connection methods. That wouldn't be an issue because I could just define ODBC connections, but of course, those are restricted in Express. I am suspecting it's coming down a connection string issue, but I cannot seem to find any format of connection string that the Attunity connectors will accept.

Quote Originally Posted by sr_stage View Post
    I am experiencing similar issues to this one reported above - my database clients are installed and I can create ODBC connections, the Attunity log reports detection of the SQL Server Driver but I cannot establish a connection to any of my environments using the "native' connection methods. That wouldn't be an issue because I could just define ODBC connections, but of course, those are restricted in Express. I am suspecting it's coming down a connection string issue, but I cannot seem to find any format of connection string that the Attunity connectors will accept.
    You need to be more specific than this, in order for anyone to be able to help.
    Only concerned with a SQLserver connection right? As Source, as Target, or both?
    'Connection String' sounds like Oracle, ODBC does not.

What does the endpoint definition look like?
    When you hit the 'test' button, what is the exact error message (be sure to click on 'more detail').

You may want to go to the replicate [SERVER] settings ... LOG management, VIEW log and copy the error from there. (<data>\logs\repctl.log)
    Under SERVER LOG Managements you can drag the setting for SERVER to VERBOSE and SAVE.
    View-log - Roll-log (for clean capture)
    Now TEST to get everythign about the test into the log
    Drag the setting for SERVER back to INFO and SAVE again
    Download (button next to view) the before-last log with the TEST thusly captured.
    Study and fix, or provide details here.

If need be, add the endpoint to a (dummy) task, and EXPORT and upload to allow us to see the endpoint details.
    No worries, the password - if any, will be encrypted using a key on your servers (mk.DAT), or replace it as you see fit.

Hein

Quote Originally Posted by Hein View Post
    You need to be more specific than this, in order for anyone to be able to help.
    Only concerned with a SQLserver connection right? As Source, as Target, or both?
    'Connection String' sounds like Oracle, ODBC does not.

What does the endpoint definition look like?
    When you hit the 'test' button, what is the exact error message (be sure to click on 'more detail').

You may want to go to the replicate [SERVER] settings ... LOG management, VIEW log and copy the error from there. (<data>\logs\repctl.log)
    Under SERVER LOG Managements you can drag the setting for SERVER to VERBOSE and SAVE.
    Now TEST to get everythign about the test into the log
    Drag the setting for SERVER back to INFO and SAVE again
    Download (button next to view) the before-last log with the TEST thusly captured.
    Study and fix, or provide details here.

If need be, add the endpoint to a (dummy) task, and EXPORT and upload to allow us to see the endpoint details.
    No worries, the password - if any, will be encrypted using a key on your servers (mk.DAT), or replace it as you see fit.

Hein
    Thanks Hein:

This is an attempt to define SQL Server as a source. No matter what I input for the endpoint information, the error reported in the Attunity logs is always the same:
    00002928: 2017-06-08T20:45:40 [SERVER ]E: RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: IM002 NativeError: 0 Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified [122502] ODBC general error. (ar_odbc_conn.c:434)

Attunity is reporting like it's looking for an ODBC connection.

The endpoint configuration is as requested:

Server Name: <name of SQL Server>

Using SQL Server Authentication

Username
    Password

Database

I've tried it on SQL Server 2008 and 2014 - I can't get Replicate to produce any other result other than the one above using the native connector. Defined ODBC connections work perfectly, but are restricted by Express for usage.

1. Make sure you download install the SQL 2012 native client (64 bit version not the 32bit )
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=50402

2. Once the Native Client is installed, make sure to restart the Attunity Server Service.

Then try to test your connection again.

Quote Originally Posted by sr_stage View Post
    Thanks Hein:

This is an attempt to define SQL Server as a source. No matter what I input for the endpoint information, the error reported in the Attunity logs is always the same:
    00002928: 2017-06-08T20:45:40 [SERVER ]E: RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: IM002 NativeError: 0 Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified [122502] ODBC general error. (ar_odbc_conn.c:434)

Attunity is reporting like it's looking for an ODBC connection.

The endpoint configuration is as requested:

Server Name: <name of SQL Server>

Using SQL Server Authentication

Username
    Password

Database

I've tried it on SQL Server 2008 and 2014 - I can't get Replicate to produce any other result other than the one above using the native connector. Defined ODBC connections work perfectly, but are restricted by Express for usage.

Quote Originally Posted by stevenguyen View Post
    1. Make sure you download install the SQL 2012 native client (64 bit version not the 32bit )
    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/down....aspx?id=50402

2. Once the Native Client is installed, make sure to restart the Attunity Server Service.

Then try to test your connection again.
    stevenguyen:

I installed the native client file you linked me to, this was successful - I wasn't aware it would install a specific Native Client driver in the ODBC administrator. But it works now, so on to figuring out Oracle, but I haven't determined if that is a firewall issue yet or not.

I appreciate your time and support and will report back if I believe I have some other issue with my Oracle connection. Thinking about that, this does bring about a question - in our environment we use special files in our Oracle client to "find" databases via LDAP, we do not use a TNSNAMES.ORA file - any known dependency on this for Replicate?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast