Get Data Moving 1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Replicate - setup connection point and error - Client HTTP request failed

sr_stage is offline Junior Member
    Hello stevenguyen:

Installing that particular Native client file seemed to work, I wasn't aware it was looking for a specific Native Client driver.

I'm on to troubleshooting our Oracle connections but that might be still a firewall issue. I have the full client installed and see the driver available.

I'll report back on findings. One question, does Replicate implicitly rely on a TNSNAMES.ORA file? We don't use these in our environment.

Hein is offline Senior Member
    Thought so on the sqlncli.msi

TSNnames.ora is optional.
    Replicate will take any Oracle connect string, even a whole tnsname single entry as a long string.
    Google is your friend.

Full client is nice, but optional. Main difference is optional XML datatype support.
    It expects TNSnames.ora, if you opt to use that, in ORACLE HOME\NETWORK\ADMIN

Instaclient is to much easier, smaller. I like it.
    Be sure to also download SQlplus, and/or TNSping to verify connectivity outside Replicate.
    The Instaclient expects TNSnames in the pocation pointed to by environment variable TNS_ADMIN.

Good luck,
    Hein

sr_stage is offline Junior Member
    Hello,

Thanks for your input - I have gotten Express successfully connected and ran some test jobs. The trick with our Oracle setup was that because we use a specific configuration file that works in conjunction with our LDAP system, I just had to refer to the database in question by it's LDAP name, like we do to connect to it via Toad.

Off to do more testing. Thanks again for the time and insights.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12