Thread: sql server table column data to Attunity table column truncation

RGILLESPI is offline Junior Member

sql server table column data to Attunity table column truncation

Hi all,

I have a situation where within MS SQLSERVER I have table that has a column defined as nvarchar(max).
    when executing this statement -- Select length(colname) col_len from table1
    return results =
    col_len

When trying to replicate table1 (Attunity replicator ver 5.0.2.4 ) I encounter the following warning message(s):
    Value for column 'Data' was truncated. data len: 13225 bind len: 8194 on any row where the character count > 8000.
    Value for column 'Data' was truncated. data len: 442132 bind len: 8194 on any row where the character count > 8000.
    Value for column 'Data' was truncated. data len: 684024 bind len: 8194 on any row where the character count > 8000.

Has anyone encountered this problem and importantly, how did you resolve this issue during replication in order have the correct number of characters replicated??

And yes the user guide states this is normal due to buffer size, however our Attunity rep states "there is a way around this"
    We have tried transformations datatypes/sizes, and still we cannot find the resolution.

I thank you in advance for any information on this topic.

Bob

stevenguyen is offline Senior Member
    Hello Bob,

Could you verify your Replicate version for us?

Also, for nvarchar(max). this would map as LOBs for us.

Therefore, the task be default is to run with Limited LOB and default value of 8KB.

For best performance on LOBs we recommend to run with Limited LOBs, but you can set the value much higher, example 63KB.

Try to set it to 63K and reload your task if needed.

Steve Nguyen

RGILLESPI is offline Junior Member

Resolution found

I found a resolution!

I had to transform the output table from NCLOB to CLOB, and set the CLOB default limit to 5000k (1 row had > 1 million rows)

Bob