Load Ingest Data

Thread: License/unLicense

Gerald Schwesinger is offline Junior Member

License/unLicense

I have a machine that was temporarily licensed to minimize downtime for a production machine. During this temporary setup, an upgrade of the primary production machine was possible. I now wish to unLicense the temporary machine. The temporary machine also happens to be a production machine but does not need to be licensed. So, to minimize downtime for the temporary licensed production machine, how do you unLicense without having to uninstall/install AIS?

Deleting the license of a machine is simple. Using NAV_UTIL do:

Back up your license to a file:
    $ nav_util export license lic.xml
    Delete installed license:
    $ nav_util delete license
    When you need to install the license again, do:
    $ nav_util import sys lic.xml
    Note: that in the past, the license was directly loaded from a file called $NAVROOT/def/license.pak (path and name might change slightly between platforms). If you delete your license with NAV_UTIL and you have that file, then the next time NAV_UTIL runs, it will convert it to the new format and load in into the repository. To avoid this, simply delete this license.pak file (or just move it somewhere else)

Note that NAV_UTIL DELETE LICENSE was added with version 4.8. For previous versions:

V4.6 - Use NAV_UTIL EDIT LICENSE and delete the <license> element within the <licenses> element, then exit the editor saving the XML file and answer Yes to the question about confirming your change.

V3.4 - V4.5 - Remove the $NAVROOT/def/license.pak file
    Last edited by DrorHarari; 11-28-2006 at 08:03 PM.
    By Dror Harari

To Find Out more About Attunity Technology:
    Attunity
    or:
    Contact Us

Gerald Schwesinger is offline Junior Member

License/unLicense

Dror,

Thanks for your reply.

I should've mentioned that I was trying to delete the license on a machine that has AIS 4.6.1. When I couldn't get the command to work as you suggested, I did a little trial and error and realized that the DELETE LICENSE command is not available prior to 4.8.2.

Thanks again!